Hiccups and superstitions

*Hiccup* *Hiccup* *Hiccup*

Arthit sits on the sofa, continuously but lightly, hitting his chest with his fist but these hiccups seem to not subside at all.

"Kongpob... I have already drank four glasses of water. I can't handle more," Arthit says, rejecting the glass of water being offered to him by his boyfriend.

"Okay, P'. Let's see what Mr. Google suggests." Kongpob scrolls through the search engine, looking for a suitable cure. "It says to drink ice-cold water or to keep an ice cube in your mouth but we can't risk having a cold in this pandemic so that's out of the question, " Kongpob smiles before getting up and going to the kitchen.

"Here, it said to have a spoon of honey."

Arthit takes the spoon and licks every bit of honey from it. The constant hiccups are irritating the hell out of him and his patience is running out. Honestly, it's a surprise that he didn't lose his patience long back. It's been an hour for fuck's sake!

They patiently wait for a good five minutes but Arthit's condition doesn't get any better. Worried, Kongpob once again gets up and brings a pinch of sugar in his hand.

Raising his right eyebrow, Arthit looks at his boyfriend.

"Google." Kongpob shrugs.

As long as he is free from these hiccups, Arthit is ready to try every possible cure on this planet. So, without any question, he opens his mouth and lets Kongpob feed him.

"It says to keep it in your mouth and suck it," Kongpob informs with a smirk.

A bright red hue spreads on Arthit's face but he doesn't say anything. Not like these hiccups would let him speak more than a word in peace anyway.

Another five or so minutes later, Kongpob glares at Arthit.

"Wha *Hiccup* what? *Hiccup*"

"Who is missing you so much? I'm here so it's not me then why is someone else missing my boyfriend so much?" Kongpob asks, still glaring at his hiccuping boyfriend.

"What *Hiccup* the he *Hiccup* ell are you *Hiccup* UGH! *Hiccup*"

Arthit pouts and keeps his mouth shut, irked by the constant interruption.

"In India, there is a superstition that when we get hiccups, it means that someone is missing us. I want to know who is missing you. Only I am allowed to miss you this much."

Taken aback by the junior's sudden childish outburst, Arthit opens and closes his mouth like a fish. How is an Indian superstition even related to their situation? Hell, Arthit had never heard of this and he's pretty sure Kongpob didn't know about it until now either. His boyfriend probably found it on Google right now.

"Kong *Hiccup* pop, stop it."

"No, phi. You need to answer me."

" Kong—"

" Who is missing you so much. Why are you not telling me?!"

"What is wro *Hiccup* ong with you, kongpob? *Hiccup* stop with this childish— *Hiccup*"

"THERE IS NOTHING CHILDISH ABOUT WHAT I AM SAYING!"

Furious. That's what Arthit feels. Kongpob had never raised his voice on him. And the fact that he is shouting at him for something so absurd is making Arthit angry beyond words.

"SO YOU WANT TO FIGHT OVER A SUPERSTITION THAT IS BELIEVED IN SOME RANDOM COUNTRY?"

"What if I say yes?" Kongpob asks in a calm manner, assessing his boyfriend's expression.

"YOU REALLY THINK THESE HICCUPS PROVE THAT SOMEONE IS MISSING ME? AND EVEN IF IT DOES, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE PERSON?"

"it's gone."

"WHAT—" Arthit realizes what Kongpob is talking about and his hand immediately touches his throat. "It's really gone. Kong!" Arthit tightly hugs his boyfriend. It takes him a few seconds to recall everything that happened in the past few minutes. Pushing Kongpob away, he once again sits on the sofa.

"Ohho, phi. I was just helping you distract yourself and see, my trick worked."

Arthit looks in Kongpob's eyes, making sure there really weren't any insecurities. "Tch, you scared me. I thought you were serious about that."

A huge smile blooms on Kongpob's face as he sits beside his pouting boyfriend. "Phi," he makes Arthit look at him before hugging him tightly, "I don't care who is missing you as long as you aren't missing someone more than you miss me."

Hearing Kongpob laugh, Arthit lightly punches his boyfriend's arm. And yet, he tightens his hold on him, pulling him closer. "Idiot."

"But I'm your idiot, right?" With his arms still around Arthit, Kongpob shifts to look in his boyfriend's eyes.

"Of course," Arthit rolls his eyes, "Who else is going to tolerate your annoying behavior?"

"Chai khrap. My P'Ai'Oon is the best."

"Kongpob!" Arthit glares at his boyfriend and receives puppy eyes in reply.

"P'Arthit~"

Arthit's heart melts while he fondly shakes his head.

"But seriously, P', where is my thank you?"

Arthit with a confused expression says, "And how do you want me to thank you?"

"Uh... " Kongpob pretends to think before looking at Arthit with a wide smile. "Since I am feeling really generous and adding your boyfriend discount, two kisses on my lips is enough."

Giving one of his widest and most fake smile, Arthit asks, "Really?"

Kongpob nods.

"NO!" Arthit's smile is replaced by his infamous glare (the one Kongpob knows is fake) and hurriedly walks to their bedroom.

A Wrong move, I guess.