0206x0062

I sighed as my phone once again lit up with messages from different group chats. Everyone was enjoying their weekend while I am stuck in my room, burying my nose in thick books. Glancing to the still-lit phone, I caught sight of the person because of whom I had decided to skip all the parties this weekend, his eyes hid because of the pop-up notification from line.

I smiled as my thoughts went to what my P'Kongpob must be doing. I remember how he was trying to help miss Suda by doing the demo project for her despite looking like a panda. Seeing his sleepy eyes, I volunteered to do the project myself. 

Honestly, I can skip 100 such parties for you, P'Kongpob.

The train of my thoughts came to an abrupt halt as my phone rang, displaying P'Fay's image. Smiling, I picked up the call. "Hello kha, phi."

"Hello jaa, N'Khaofang. I'm so sorry for disturbing you on a weekend," P'Fay said.

"Oho, Phi, you are being too formal. How are you?"

"I'm good kha. I wanted to invite you for a get-together tomorrow at the Royal buffet. Around 8 pm. It is a co-code meeting so you will meet other co-code seniors too."

"Okay, phi. I'll be there."

"Good. See you there then. Bye-bye."

"Bye-bye, phi."

The next day when I entered the restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised to see P'Kongpob sitting and chatting with the seniors. Silently making my way to the washroom, I touched up my makeup and hair before coming to the table.

"Sawatdee Kha, phi" I greeted P'Kongpob before greeting others as well.

"P'Kongpob kha, I thought your code number was 0062. How come you are here?" I asked P'Kongpob while sitting beside him.

"Nong, you must be a freshman. I'm Faun. Your co-code senior of class 61," A beautiful lady sitting in front of us said.

"Sawatdee Kha, phi. I'm Khaofang."

"Watdee. Now to clear your doubt, it has been a tradition for a few years for code numbers 0062 and 0206 to have this event together. It started when my senior P'Jane and P'Malee started dating. And history repeated itself when I and P'Tum started dating." P'Faun fondly smiled at the man sitting beside her. She turned back towards me before continuing. "Tum and P'Malee are code 0062 while I and P'Jane are code 0206. Ever since then there has been this saying that 0062 and 0206 are meant to be together, made for each other."

"Wow..." I was speechless. My heart was beating at a crazy frequency as I thought maybe P'Kongpob and I are also made for each other.

Maybe it's destiny that I am 0206 and you are 0062, I thought, looking at P'Kongpob.

"Sorry, sorry. I was held up at work." P'Arthit said, wai-ing everyone. I had immediately recognized him as P'Kongpob had introduced us once at the university. He was my co-code senior too. I silently offered him a wai to which he gave me a dimpled smile with a nod.

I eyed the little space between P'Kongpob and me as it increased when P'Kongpob shifted closer to P'Arthit, their sides pressed together with absolutely no space between them. Biting my lips, I gently shook my head to stop all the stupid thoughts.

Come on, Khaofang. I know we have a crush on him but that doesn't mean we need to be jealous of his close friend, I pep talked myself.

The night went smoothly and I was once again filled with hope as P'Fauns words kept on repeating in my mind like a broken record.

0206 and 0062 are made for each other.

I smiled looking at myself in the mirror, imagining P'Kongpob hugging me. Hopefully, this won't remain just an imagination in the near future.