Best non-planned date ever

I sat at my table, legs bouncing as my eyes kept shifting towards the door every two seconds.

"Are you ready to order, sir?" The waiter asked.

"Uh... I would still like to wait for my friend," I said.

This is my first date. After hearing about Jay and Namtarn's breakup, I decided to man up and ask her out. I was so nervous that I couldn't even believe my own ears when she agreed and then came the excitement.

I was filled to the brim with excitement as I prepared for today's date. From a new haircut and clothes shopping to the point of spending the complete week reading first date tips and conversation starters.

"Sir, it's been two hours. Would you please like to order something while you continue waiting for your friend?" The waiter came and asked again. Though he didn't sound frustrated, I could hear the urgency in his voice so I nodded and skimmed through the menu.

"I would like a Gai Pad Khing and a Nomyen." 

As the waiter left, I saw people in the cafe stare at me, giving me apologetic looks as if they know. A sigh left my lips, my heart sunk deeper. I started to feel worse and worse about the whole situation until I heard a scraping sound from the chair in front of me.

I smiled and was ready to greet Namtarn until I saw that the person taking the seat in front of me wasn't Namtarn but a stranger, literally the most handsome stranger I had ever seen.

"Sorry! I'm so late, babe. Traffic is crazy right now." He said it loud enough for everyone to stop staring at us and continue whatever they were doing.

I stood there frozen, taking a second or two to understand what exactly was going on.

"I'm Kongpob. Just go with it, yeah? Whoever didn't bother to show up is an asshole." He whispered, making me blush.

'Damn it, Arthit! He is insulting your "date" and you are sitting here blushing?' My conscience questioned.

What else can I do? Namtarn did stood me up. And look at him! He literally looks like an incarnation of a Greek god.

"I am Arthit," I said after the waiter took his order. 

"Do you really think she is an asshole?" I asked him, not sure why exactly but maybe I just wanted our conversation flowing.

"She did stood you up," He said with a shrug. 

I nodded and kept quiet as the waiter arranged our food on the table.

"When will the person you came here for arrive?" I asked. The question left a weird taste on my tongue, not liking the thought of missing such an amazing opportunity to be with a person this good looking.

"I came here alone for some snacks but who knew I would end up scoring a date," He said, mirth clear in his eyes. Kongpob took his iced coffee and placed it beside my pinkmilk. "Our drinks compliment each other."

My thoughts flew to our complexion. How his tan skin would compliment my pale one. "You like bland food?" I asked seeing his food choice and also as a conversation to take me away from my own creepy thoughts.

He nodded smiling. Is that smile permanently carved on his face?

"Childish," I teased.

"Oho, then how old are you to be drinking that pinkmilk? 5?"

"I am 22. And who said that people older than 5 can't drink pinkmilk?"

"Then who said that it's childish to eat bland food?" He asked, a smirk on his face as he raised his right eyebrow perfectly.

"ME!" I chuckled a bit but continued quickly before he gets a comeback. "Fine, fine. I lose." I surrendered, raising my hands up.

His smirk also went back to his beautiful smile as he said, "Of course you did, P'Arthit."

I was flabbergasted. Something warmed inside me as he added 'P' in front of my name. It's not like there is no one who calls me P'Arthit, he just somehow makes it sound special. I ducked my head and started eating my food, hoping that the redness of my face would go unnoticed by him.

"P'Arthit, do you want to take a walk at Rama bridge"

"Sure," I agreed immediately.

After completing our food, we made our way to the bridge. We were strolling, conversing happily when a notification alert distracted me. I saw it was from Namtarn. My fingers hovered over the message for a few unnecessary seconds before I opened it.

I am sorry, Arthit. Jay called me today. We might or might not patch up but I don't think I can make it for today's date.

"You were right," I told Kongpob.

"About what, P'? We talked a lot today."

"About her being an asshole." I showed him the message.

"Who is Jay?" He asked, his face devoid of any expression.

"Her ex-boyfriend."

He continued to walk beside me but this time an awkward silence surrounded us.

"It is a nice closure though," I said, looking at him.

"What's 'nice' about this? He asked, raising an eyebrow, accusing me.

"Well, she was my high school crush. Back in the days, we were best friends— me, Namtarn and Jay. I helped Jay to court Namtarn despite having feelings for her myself and then regretted doing it. When I heard about their breakup I thought of taking my chance. With today's events and Namtarn's behavior, it was a closure to my long term crush." I said chuckling humorlessly.

"You got over your crush so easily? Wow, I need that talent." Kong said, a teasing smile back on his expressionless face.

"She is my first crush. Liking her was more of a habit than my real feelings," I said.

And you made me realize that. But for some reason, I couldn't say those words out loud.

"P'Arthit Khap?" He called and for the first time, I heard a little hesitation in his voice.

"Hmm?"

"Now that you have got closure to that story, would you like to write a new beginning with me?"

"Huh?"

"Will you go on a date with me?"

"Yes."

"I know it's too early but please reconsider your answer. Just one date, P' and then we can see where it leads. So please recon–— wait, what did you say?"

I sported a full blown smile as I repeated, "Yes."

"YES!!" Kong shouted and tried to hug me, smile matching mine.

"Behave!" I said, voice two tones higher due to embarrassment as I flicked his forehead.

[A/N] How was it?

I would love to hear your opinions even if you disliked it. Feel free to criticize ^_^