Diamonds & Pearls (15)-When a Heart Breaks, It Doesn't Break Even

Diamonds & Pearls

Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN- When A Heart Breaks, It Doesn't Break Even

        My mother fixed spaghetti and garlic bread for Juwayrah and Rafiq. I finished my dinner quickly and they both watched in awe. My mother excused herself after a while because she was tired and we all gave her Salams, thanking her for the meal. While Rafiq and Juwayrah ate, I tried my best to sneak upstairs but of course Rafiq caught me.

        “Where are you going?” He inquired curiously on his way to the bathroom.

        “To call Zayna,” I responded truthfully. There was no point in lying.

        “Oh,” He looked kind of awkward after I said this. “Is it about Zayan liking Ju-”

        I slapped my hand over his mouth before he could say anything else. “Shhh!” I squeaked. “Don't you say another word. I told you that in confidence. You didn't tell her did you?”

        “La La, do you think I'm stupid? Of course I didn't tell her that. I don't see how my sister can be so dumb as to not see it though. I knew years before you told me. Zayan is kind of obvious with what he feels.”

       “I know.” I sighed dejectedly. “He's going to be in a lot pain about this. Juwayrah is like the only girl he's ever really liked, well more like loved.”

      “I should have warned you while we were outside.” Rafiq said apologetically. “I just didn't think she was going to tell you guys so soon.”

       “Don't worry about it dude. I'll see you soon, I just really need to talk to Zayna, like now.” I replied. He nodded in response.

        “I understand, go on.” He said, with a reassuring smile. I looked up at him one last time before going upstairs.

      “You've seriously gotten taller.” I muttered crossly. “I wanna be tall too.”

      “Daleela go!” Rafiq chuckled. I made my way up to my room and dialed Zayna's number quickly. She answered on the first ring.

     “Leela, I've been trying to get a hold of you forever. Did Juwayrah and Rafiq make it yet?” She asked worriedly.

        “Yeah, I'm upset with you! You knew they were coming and didn't tell me.” I huffed through the phone.

        “Ummi and Abi wanted it to be a surprise.” Zayna said quickly. “But that's not the point. Did Juwayrah tell you guys the news?”

        “Yes she did, so what the heck are we going to do?” I asked, trying not to freak out. Zayna stayed quiet on the other end of the phone. “Zayna!”