Raggedy Anne

A week had passed since I had been allowed to leave the pack infirmary. And Jared hasn't once left my side. Apparently even though it was necessary, Jared made the pack doctors place the oxygen mask on my face saying it was "precautionary," precautionary my but! However I couldn't help but feel extremely happy that he cared so much. It was just too cute to see him worry all over me.

But with worry comes protectiveness and possessiveness. Now I can finally see why everyone says that betas and alphas are the so controlling. I mean Jared would barely let me get out of bed myself, not to mention he took up sleeping with me. His excuse for this was that he promised me before I fell asleep/passes out that he wouldn't leave my side and that he would be with me when I woke. Then of course I said that I wasn't in the infirmary anymore so it wasn't necessary. He pleaded with me saying that his wolf would keep him up and he wouldn't be able to sleep because I wasnt 100% and gave me his puppy eyes. Personally I have built up a tolerance for the look, but if I was being honest with myself deep down I wanted him to stay with me just as much as he wanted to. So I relented. However I didn't want him to get sick and set up a pillow barrier but he just laughed at me. "I'm a a fully shifted wolf. I don't get sick."

Now I was feeling much better and was going to head back to school soon against Jared's wishes. I still had sniffles but I was no longer contagious and didn't want to miss anymore school than I already had. So as my last day of freedom Jared and I decided to camp out in front of the television having a movie night.

We started watching off watching A Walk To Remember, then Iron Man ( since I hadn't seen the first movie) next was Captain America: The winter soldier, followed by a whole bunch of random movies on Netflix and finally we were closing out the night with my favorite The Princess Bride. I remember watching this movie so many times one summer with my brother. It had something for everyone, fairytales, romance and action and adventure. Even if Jared didn't want to admit it I could tell he was actually enjoying himself.

About half way through the movie I could feel Jared's piercing gaze on me. "What?" I whisper nervously. When he doesn't answer me I turn to face him. I give him a puzzling look.

Gently he grabs my chin and pulls me closer to him. When we are only a breath apart he stops. Every nerve in my body was standing at attention waiting for his lips to meet mine. Just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore he mumbles, "You are just so beautiful, " and closes the gap between us.

Unlike the first time we kissed I'm not over analyzing the whole thing worrying about if I'm doing it right or if he likes it. Instead, I let my body drift off and let Jared lead me taking my cues from him as he takes me to places only a mate can.

*****

"Now you have to promise me that if you start to feel sick you'll come and tell me." Jared and I were in the parking lot of the school and he wouldn't let me out until he was finished his whole lecture. He made me promise to tell him if I start feeling sick I would tell him, if I want to go home I'll tell him, if I get a headache to tell him, if some guy hits on me I'll go find him so that he can kill him. I roll my eyes at this last one. But finally he lets me out the car.

"Are you positive you want go to school today? I mean if you don't want to no one is going to force you." I laugh as I grab his hand dragging him into the building.

"Why do you sound more nervous about this than I am?"

"I just want to make sure your safe and comfortable," he grumbles under his breath.

I laugh and kiss his cheek. "You know sometimes you are just too cute." He gives me a Cheshire grin and pulls me close to his body. "Don't you mean too hot?"

I shake my head and break free from his arms even as a smile tugs on the corner of my mouth.

After walking me to class and saying goodbye o can feel people staring and/or glaring at me just like they did in my first day.

"Look who's back at school! Girl I thought Kathy ran you off!" Sharon announces as I take my seat beside her. I give her a confused look.

"You know a redhead who thinks she owns your man." Ohhh so that's the delusional chic who thought she could tell me what to do.

I snort. "Kathy can dream in if she ever thinks she has a chance with Jared. And if that girl actually thinks she is intimidating then I guess no one told her that she is only about as scary as a Raggedy Anne doll."

Sharon laughs. "Now that you mention it if you were to add freckles they would be identical. But wait, if Sharon isn't the reason, then why weren't you here?"

"Oh I had the flu. To be honest I wasn't feeling all that great on my first day but I was being hard headed and didn't want Jared to be worried for me so I sucked it up.. at least tried to seeing as how it didn't really work. I ended up leaving at the end of second period."

"I know exactly what you mean. One time..."

We continue to talk until the teacher comes in and homeroom is dismissed. We make plans to meet up at lunch and I was happy to find out I wasn't as social awkward as I thought I was. I think I just made my first friend here!

First period flew by and before I knew it second period was over too. Even though it was more or less my real first day of school I was pretty happy with how well everything was going and I couldn't wait to see Jared. As soon as the bell rang I start to rush out classroom. I was almost out the door too when I get stopped by Kathy.

"So look who decided to show their face again. I thought I scared you off for good."

I scoff and try to move past her. She moves with me. I give her an annoyed look.

"I'm sorry can I help you? I would like to get to my next class."

She point her manicured finger at me. "How about I help you. I thought I told you to stay away from Jared. Jared is mine or didn't I make myself clear the last time when you ran off to cry in the bathroom." I narrow my eyes at her.

"Yes you did tell me to stay away from Jared. But I don't remember saying that I actually would."

"Seeing as how your new and all I'll let this incident slide. But if I ever see you with him again I will make your life a living hell." She takes a step closer to me but I hold my ground not giving an inch.

"You would know wouldn't you? Please, you can try all you want but nothing is go into change between Jared and me. I already have him and I'm not going to waste my time fighting with you over something so trivial and petty when we both know how things are going to turn out. Sorry but you don't intimidate me." I shrug my shoulders to go along with my nonchalant attitude as I walk away form her leaving her standing there with her mouth wide open.

*****

Jane Note

Thank you all so much for your reads and votes! We have finally reached 1k!!!! 🎉🎊 Im so so happy and couldn't have done it without yall. Please continue to share, and vote, and comment, and read lol! <3

Oh and don't forget to check out the other book I'm writing "In Walks the Prideful".