Memories

You know how when you are really tired and then you get such a good nice sleep that when you wake up in the morning your body slowly comes awake? Yeah that was happening to me now. I felt as though I was slowly coming out of a tunnel. The first things that seems to fully awaken were my senses.

I smelt something absolutely delicious but it wasn't food. It didn't make me hungry. It was enticing and I wanted more of it but not in the way I wanted food. It was this smell that woke up the rest of my limbs as I slowly started to stir. Without me opening my eyes I attempt to move closer to the sent. I reach out my hand thinking I could touch it to bring it closer and it hits something solid. Maybe it should have worried me that something was in my bed but I didn't all I could think about was that smell.

I wrap my arms around whatever it was that was inhabiting my bed with me and roll on top of it. And then I bury my face to the place where the smell was coming from the strongest. I let out a low moan. My gosh did it smell good. It had me feeling weak all over and it was doing something to my body... It was driving me insane.

"Mhmm baby what are you doing?" I hear. The voice sounded kind of muffled and it sounded close. I lay very still hoping whoever it was would go away. I wait a few minutes until I think that person is gone before I go back to sniffing and running my nose along the thing in my bed. I could literally breath in this smell all day long, I think.

I was so caught up in what I was doing that I didn't realize whatever was in my bed was slightly moving up and down. Almost like it was breathing. To be honest the movement didn't really bother me. I was just as content to keep doing what I was doing but it was when the thing in my bed moan out my name is when I stop.

I spring back immediately and open my eyes. I have no idea what I thought I was sniffing but never did the idea that I was sniffing a guy cross my mind.

"Erica? What's wrong?" The male ask. He looks at me puzzled and tries reaching for me but afraid I move father away from him. I mean don't get me wrong it was absolutely to die for, incredibly handsome with his golden brown-blonde hair and amazing bright blue eyes. And oh my gosh did he smell mouth watering.

But while I was extremely attracted to him I didn't know who he was though clearly he knew who I was.

"Are you okay?" He ask. I simply nods my head not sure what to say. The more I looked at him the more I got this...feeling. Some I looked away and observe the room that clearly didn't belong to me. I was in what seems to be in a pack infirmary. That was clear enough from all the beds, basic medical supplies, and just how clean the place was. Not to mention everything was for the most part while and the air smelled like bleach.

Out of the corner of my eye I look at the insanely attractive guy and I felt as thought this guy and I had been in a similar situation before déjà view I think it was called. I stare puzzled at him unintentionally mirroring the look he was giving me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He ask. Finally I respond.

"Like what?" My voice cracks but I ignore it.

Getting up he goes to get me some water. As he hands me hands me the cup he says, "Like you don't know me?" I look at his hands hesitantly not sure if he might have put something in the water or something.

Without taking the cup I look into his face and tell him the truth. "Because I don't."

*********
"Now can you tell me your name?" The doctor ask.

"My name is Erica Rebecca Forest."

"How old are you?"

"I am 15 years old and in a couple of weeks I'll be 16."

"Good. Now if you can follow this light with your eyes." I try to look at the light and follow it with my eyes but I felt as though it was really bright and too hard to look at for long.

After running a few more text and lots of questions the doctor finally gives me my diagnosis.

"So Erica it looks like you have a concussion. You will need to get plenty of rest and your not allowed to train or do anything too physical for the next two weeks. Things like reading and schoolwork will be a bit challenging at first but if you find that it doesn't improve you are to see me immediately. If you find it hard to focus after the next couple of days you are to see me immediately." I nod my head in understanding.

"Now you are also experiencing memory loss. That could be do to the severity of the concussion but I believe it mostly have to do with your wolf. Before you blacked out your wolf was trying to shift before her time. That caused your body to shut down and pass out and after passing out that is when you hit your head and gained the concussion. To protect you we gave you a serum to calm your wolf and to temporarily sedate her. However it seems as though your wolf has decided to receded deep into your subconscious.

"When she retreated into the back of your mind it looks like she took the memories, feelings, and scent of your mate, Beta Jared, with her. That is why you have memories of everyone else but him. This caused your brain to omit him and everything about him from your mind. Your situation is a rarity. But because of how strong the bond between you and Beta Jared must have been to cause her to want to shift, and because you have already been marked, your memories should return."

I gulf at the word. Should? My memories should return.

At the same time I was thinking this Jared says,"Should? Her memories should return?" He voice was dark and he glared at the doctor. Jared's hands were clinched into fist. I glance at the doctor who amazingly seemed to be keeping his calm, but upon closer inspection I could see him gulping and twitching just a little. There was fear in his eyes.

Hesitantly I look back at Jared and I eye him specifically his muscles. They were just so big! But I'm that moment instead of comforting me they made me just a bit more nervous and on edge about this whole situation. I scoot away from him just a bit hoping he wouldn't notice. As I do so his eyes catch mine and he takes a deep breath before he calms down. When he is calms he gives me this sad almost heartbreaking look and I felt bad about making him look and feel like that, but not bad enough that I wanted to take back my actions.

Even with the doctor saying that he was my mate, even with him saying that he was my mate, I had no memories of him. I didn't know him...or I guess I didn't remember him. I didn't feel the tingles that mates should or any particular pull besides the facts at I thought he was insanely attractive and gave me butterflies. But those things didn't prove he was my mate.

If he really was my mate then he should understand my not just automatically jumping into his and when I don't remember him. I am not that trusting. If he really was my mate then I would just feel bad about distancing myself from him later. For now, however, if the beta who was in front of me claiming to be my mate really was, he would just have to prove it to me. I wasn't sure how exactly he would do that and I'm not sure what it would take to convince me. I guess he would have to court me like it was square one day one. But if he was really my mate I knew he would be up to the challenge. And for some reason, if I really admitted it to myself, I knew I was just a tab bit happy to see him try.

******
Jane note
Hey yall not a whole lot sorry. But school is officially underway and I officially am really busy. Lol. I'll be gone on a school retreat this week and I just wanted to give yall something before I left. Anyway I hope u like it.

Don't forget to comment, share, and vote! <3