Date Night

Today is Saturday. It's been more than a few days since I demanded Jared to take me out. He still had until Sunday night before the week was over but I couldn't help my feel antsy. I tried to forget about it and not get my hopes up on how great it would be but it was kinda hard not to go off to la la land thinking about it. The anticipation was killing me! But finally, finally he made his move.

I had just finished a run around the neighborhood-Jared and Joseph decided that the weekends were when I would work on my endurance and stamina- when I enter into the living room of the pack house and see Brittany, Trisha,Charles, Emmanuel, Shane and this girl who I didn't know. However, from the way she was cuddling up to Shane and the fact he wasn't frowning told me that it must have been his mate Jamie.

I wasn't surprised to see everyone hanging out because I usually did see them all together. I usually hung out with them at school but between getting more homework than I was use to, training, and spending time with Jared, I hadn't had many opportunities to hang out with them outside of school and just saying hi when I saw them around the pack house.

"Hey guys," I say perching on the arm of the chair Trisha was sitting on. I guess I took them by surprised thought because everyone just sort of froze and got quiet.

"Oh hi. You must be Erica our new beta," The girl who I think is Jamie says.

"Yeah, well almost beta anyway. And you are Jamie right? Charles' mate?"

Charles grins and wraps his arm around her tighter." Yes this is my beautiful mate Jamie." I had to agree with Charles on that one. Jamie was beautiful. She had long brown hair and her face was smooth and blemished free. If I really looked I could make out a tiny mole between her mouth and nose. She was very beautiful but it wasn't overstated. She kinda had this girl next door look to her and I feel it really worked to her advantage.

She rolls her eyes but I could see her blush faintly. "It's nice to meet you," I say reaching out to shake her hand.

"So I heard you were in Europe right? How was it? What part did you go to?"

"Oh I actually went to this really small part in Belgium to visit some family. It was really nice."

"Okay." I smile. There was an awkward pause. There was some weird tension in the room for some reason and I wasn't sure if it was because of me. I see Emmanuel squirming in his seat and Brittany looked like she wanted to say something but every time she opened her mouth she would close it. I drum my fingers on the top of the seat before I start to excuse myself.

"Okay well I should probably go shower now. I'll see you guys later." I get up off the couch but before I get far, Trisha stops me.

"Umm Erica you know we really don't know all that much about you. So why don't you tell us about yourself." She looks over to the group and everyone starts nodding their head. I was starting to get suspicious now.

"Okaayy. So what do you want to know?

"Well umm...do you have any siblings?"

"I have four." There's an awkward pause.

"Why don't you tell us about them ?" Brittany suggest.

I was about to open my mouth when someone's cellphone buzzes. I see Shane check and his phone. He nods at everyone and says,"You know what I think, we should let Erica shower," and next thing I know everyone just up and leaves.

I was highly confused by this point so don't even question their weird behavior. As I was walking to my room I stop by to knock on Jared's door. I heard some shuffling going on and him speaking really low but he didn't answer the door. I try knocking again but he still didn't answer. I sigh as I walk to my bed room. I guess he was busy. I felt a tiny pang in my chest at the thought of Jared being too busy to see me. I was really starting to become attached to him.