Girl Talk

As soon as I got home I ran to my room and called Allianna. I scream as I hear her answer the phone.

"Ok. Way to pop my ear drums."

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!" I ignore her and continue to dance and jump around my room in joy.

"What you saw a cute guy or something." She says all amused. I scoff at her.

"No I did not see a cute guy, I saw the hottest guy God has placed on this earth! Hot doesn't even begin to describe just how fine this man was. Like he was just...he was too perfect for words!" I exclaim falling on my bed.

I give her a quick run through of the whole meeting, well not so much quick as word for word action by action recount. But I just could help it. Every time I thought about those amazing blue eyes and sculpted body I got giddy all over again. "I have a mate! Like oh my gosh... Like I just... Ahhhh!" I screen into my pillow to happy to even finish a sentence.

"Wow Erica I'm so happy for you. So you know you and this Jared guy are going to have to double with me and my man." That bought me down and back to earth. I groan.

"What?" Allianna ask concerned. "He probably thinks I'm a weirdo. I kept staring at the guy and then I make him fall. I'm such a klutz. I can't believe I actually did that. Who does that. That the kind of stuff that only happens in tv or something." I rambled.

"Erica clam down. He's your mate. He is not going to think you are a weirdo."

"But how do you know?"

"Would I lie to you? Take this from a girl who already has her mate. And has shifted. Your mate cannot help but be attracted to you no matter what you do. Even if you act like a complete psycho. When ever you are around them it's like everything is better. It can be a little scary with how dependent and attached you become but...then you realize so what, they're my mate," she sighs.

Werewolves don't generally shift until you are 16. Sixteen also happens to be the time a person can find there mate. If mates found each other before they were sixteen they were aware of the bond and all the feelings that come with it but, once they come of age everything is intensified. This is because you wolf actually starts to become more apart of you. Before 16 your wolf is there and responsive but you get more feelings and vibes instead of words. Technically wolfs don't even have to talk after you shift because you feel everything they are feeling, but I guess it makes something's easier.

"Trust me after your birthday in December, the whole mate thing will be much more intense. You won't be this functional away from him thats for sure."

"What do you mean," I ask confused.

"Being away from ones half is like being half a person. You can function but you won't feel whole. And your wolf will just keep bugging and bugging you to see your mate. You will hardly want to leave each other's side. Speaking of it, I'm surprised that Jared is able to stay away." She laughs. "His wolf must be driving him insane by now. And he's a beta no less. I heard alphas and betas are the worse."

"Are you serious?" I moan. I mean I didn't want to die from suffocation. "Deadly," she responds. "But don't worry you won't mind it..much. You will want to be around him too. Difference is he'll just be more possessive. Since he's a guy and all.

"Sounds like I have a ball and chain now," I roll my eyes but truth be told, I couldn't be more excited.

"Ok well I have to go. Marcus is taking me on date." I could her her smile.

"Oh really where are you guys going?"

"To the playground."

"To do what?!" Who goes to the playground for a date.

"Well he planned us a picnic." I knew she couldn't see me but I couldn't help but make a face.

"And you couldn't have just said the park? Saying your going to the playground makes it sound like y'all are creeps or something. For real." She laughs. "Nahh we're just gonna act out our inner child." I roll my eyes. I couldn't really judge her though because I sure enough embrace my own inner child quite often. "Ok then have fun. Tell Marcus I say hi!"

After hanging up I think about calling Christine to tell her about Jared, but she was in South America doing community service. This unfortunately meant she didn't have her phone. So off I went to to find my sisters and tell them the good news. Then I remembered they were out with Michelle, their mutual best friend who was more like a sister to our whole family. I would have told my twin David but he was out playing basketball at the gym, and my oldest brother William with his expecting mate.

Well then, I finally get a mate and no ones around. That the moment the only people I really didn't want to know about me having a mate yet, decided to come in. Otherwise known as my parents. It's not that I was embarrassed or anything but I knew they would want to meet him and ask him a whole bunch of questions. Honestly I love that they cared so much, and I wanted Jared to meet my parents, (in my opinion if a guy has the balls the to meet your parents then they are a keeper.) But this was my mate and I didn't want my parents to embarrass me, or make him uncomfortable. Just thinking about them actually interrogating killed my mood.

Just as I was about to go hide out in my room they call me down. "Erica can you come here please." It wasn't like I could even ignore them because I was the only one at home. Man I should have gone back to the pack house. Our family consisted of seven, well now six people. Eight if you include William's mate Jamie. And I was the only person home.

I come down to the living room and see not only my mother and father but Uncle Scoff. I scowl at him out of the corner of my eye. Traitor.

"Uncle Scoot told us you found your mate." Dad says.

"Yes." It's not like I could deny it. My mit her gives me a smile. I was instantly put on guard.

"Well I'm very happy for you, but your father and I would like to meet him." I knew it!

"As much as I would love for you to meet him, I don't really know where he is staying, or have his number... or anyway of contact really." I say more to myself. How was I going to see him again? Man I should have thought this threw and gotten his number or something.

"Staying? So he is not from the pack?" My dad questions not missing a beat. I sigh.

"No Jared is from the Woodstream Pack in Colorado. He...uh...he's the beta." I could see there shocked expressions. Yeah I was too when I found out. My mom I she first to recover.

"Okay but beta or not we still want to meet him." My mother tell me. I could tell this wasn't optional.

Thank God the house phone chose that moment to ring. Running to my room to get it, I don't even spare a glance at the number. "Hello?"

"Erica," a deep male voice sighs. I look at the phone confused. They voice sounded familiar. Who was this

"Yes," I answer hesitantly. "Who is this?"

"Jared." My heart skills a beat. As much as I loved hearing his voice I knew I was going to have to tell him about my parents wanting to meet him. Oh crud