Waiting in Heat

In dedication of Fathers Day
(And shout out to @Bunniestiger and @MariahAgustus for their comments!)

"Hey daddy," I start off. After telling my sisters and my best friends about being marked, I decided it would be a good idea to let my father know. I means it's not like he could do anything anyway. The damage was done and he was halfway across the country. And I was pretty sure he wouldn't mind since Jared was my mate anyway.

"He marked you. Didn't he?" It might have been phrased as a question but he wasn't asking. My mouth drops and my face squishes up in surprise.

"How did you know?"

"A father knows."

I sigh and lean back onto my bed. "You are not mad are you?" I ask. He takes a deep breath. "Not really. I knew it was only a matter of time before it would happen. And Jared seems like a fine young man." I roll my eyes at that. Yeah Jared was a good guy and all, but did my father have to talk about him like he was an old man.

"He is a 'fine young man."' I mock.

"E you better stop." He laughs. "You don't do me right." I couldn't help but giggle. I had missed my father. "I am glad the two of you are getting together so well. Now where is this mate of yours? I would like to talk to him." I frown.

Just then Jared chooses that moment to make an appearance. "Umm..." He makes his way to me with a cute puzzled look on his face that tells me he wants to know who I am talking to. I act like I don't see it.

He starts to creep closer to me and I sit up and creep back father on the bed. He narrows his eyes playfully at me and I try to wave him away. I mouth not now and widen my eyes so he gets my point. But he just gives me a devious grin.

Even though we had agreed to wait, Jared had become more...touchy? I mean it didn't bother me and he never went past the boundaries we set or did anything I didn't like but he definitely loved to be near me...and touch me. Anytime he could some part of him would be in contact with me. He also became more protective which also made him a bit more dominating and possessive but I didn't mind. In fact I kinda liked it.

"You know dad," I give my mate a pointed look even as he climes onto the bed and slowly crawls his way toward me, "I don't think it's really necessary for you to talk to him. I mean what do you have to talk to him about? Why can't you talk to me?"

I try to move even father away from my mate who seem to have others ideas in mind. He grabs onto my foot and drags me closer to him. He shakes his head and wags his finger at me as he traps me between his body and the bed. Stop, I mouth, I'm serious.

"There are certain things I as your father need to talk your mate about. I'm sure it won't be a problem and when you two have pups I'm sure he will understand." I blush from my father talking about Jared's and mine pups (not even thinking about that yet...much). Well that and from the fact that he, being my mate, was kissing and sucking lightly on my neck. When his lips touch my mark I fight hard not to let out a peep, but Jared ends up covering my mouth with his hand to block the sounds that I just couldn't control.

Then before I knew it he had the phone out of my hand as he made his way out my room. It takes me a moment to realize what had just happen. I am left on the bed shocked at what had just end happens until I hop off the bed and chase after my mate rushing to get my phone back. I'm careful not to yell so that my father won't hear me.

I follow his scent all the way to his room and try to opens the door only to find it lock. I try turning the knob again but to no avail. I even yank, push, and pull on it but it just wouldn't budge. "Jared!" I whisper yell. "Open the door and give me back my phone!" I know he could hear me but he doesn't make any move to come and open the door. I pout and glare at the door as I sit across from it on the floor.