Distance

Dedicated to @TVDReign100Originals for blowing up my notifications and making me feel special. I am glad you are enjoying the book so much!

I would like to say that my heat came and went and then everything went back to normal. But I would be lying.

After my scent went back to normal someone came and woke me up from the room I was holed up in for the night. That should've been the first warning that something was off. I had sort of expected Jared to come and get me after the whole ordeal so I was a little disappointed, but I figured he must be really drained from all the "festivities" from the day before.

So I had got an idea to go wait with him until he woke up. When I got to his room however, he wasn't there. I ran to my room thinking he must be there waiting or me and again disappointment gripped my heart. I spent a few minutes looking around the house trying to find him before I gave up and asked Shane. And when I couldn't find Shane I asked Brittany pic she had seen either him or Jared.

"Oh yeah they left early this morning."

I blink in surprise. "Oh. Oh um okay. Uh do you know when they will be back?"

She sighs annoyed. "No they didn't say. Guys right?"

I nod my head in agreement. Well now what I think. Right as I was thinking that Brittany jumps up. "Hey I have an idea! We should have a total girl day! We can do each other's nails and hair and stuff." I shrug. I mean it's not like had anything else to do.

So that where we were at 10:30 at night along with Trisha and Jamie having a girls night in the living room we finally Jared and Shane decided to make an appearance.

I had just finished cornrowing Jamie's hair per her request and was just starting to try and figure out how to Bantu Brittany's hair with it being so fine. But as soon as I smell Jared I stop what I'm doing and hop off the couch. Then I sit back down not trying to look too eager.

When he finally comes into the living room I give him a beaming smile. I was a little lost for words at the sight of him. His shirt was off and he was sweaty. I feel myself grow warm and my eyes go dark as my wolf starts growling lowly in my head. But that all stopped when Jared came and kissed my forehead and then walked away. Bemused I watch him walk away.

That was it? Only a kiss on the forehead? No hey babe sorry I was gone?

Now I was a little annoyed. I mean I had waited to see him all day and when I finally do he doesn't even speak to me? Now that wasn't right. And what made things even worse was when I went to see if there was anything wrong with him he was asleep. Or at least acting asleep.

Jared was being weird and distance. I felt like something was wrong with him. I just didn't know what.

******
Jared's behavior didn't improve. It was like he was avoiding me. He would always be out for long periods of time. Time we use to spend together with each other. And when we were together he would always make sure there was an appropriate amount of space between us. But I didn't want an appropriate amount of space. I wanted my Beta, the one who marked me, the one I loved- to be close to me. To not be able to keep his hands off me. Even if it was just us holding hands.

He wasn't even kissing me! He stopped giving me real kisses and instead ONLY kissed me on the forehead or cheek. And whenever I tried to make a move on him he would turn away and act like he didn't see me. When I would move closer to him he would always find a way to casually move away from him.

My wolf was sad and constantly whining. My connection to Jared was blocked. He was blocking me from feeling his emotions. I was hurt.

Part of me wondered if I did anything wrong. Maybe I upset him? Maybe I have been too clingy? I was getting frustrated. He wasn't letting me in! A good relationship (boyfriend, girlfriend, married, human, mates) is based on good communication and right now we have none. So maybe that's why I asked him if he was cheating on me as we were driving home from school. I mean I knew he wasn't, I would literally feel the pain if he was. Mostly I was trying to get a reaction from him.