Dear Love Of My Life

I woke up feeling strangely alone and slowly stood up. There was no sign of Lucas and the hotel room seemed empty and cold without him. For a brief moment I wondered if he was coming back -because I knew that last night's talk had affected him more than he showed- but then I understood that he wouldn't have done that to me. To us...

    A perfectly folded piece of paper was placed on the nightstand on Lucas's side and I picked it up. My heart clenched with fear, but I still unfolded the note and checked it out.

    Dear Love Of My Life,

    I hope you slept well, because I sure as helll did -not that much of a surprise, since I fell asleep next to you. I'm sorry I'm not gonna be there when you wake up this morning, but don't worry and don't be mad at me! We have a lifetime to wake up by eachother's sides from now on. I had some things to take care of, but I'll be back in a few hours and we can go have lunch together, if you'd like.

                                                                                                                                                                                                 Love, your husband.

    P.S: The breakfast menu is on the coffee table and I'll bring you some clothes when I get back.

   "Dear love of my life"... I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot. How could I ever believe he was mad at me? How could I believe that he wouldn't come back? No matter what I said... No matter what he found out... How hurt he was... He was always going to come back to me. He belonged to me and I to him.

   I knew that we weren't done talking and I knew that my past was going to come back and bite me in the ass, because honestly, Lucas had all the right to know everything about me and our son, but right now I couldn't care less. I just knew that everything was going to be fine. That we were going to make it. And the fact that we had spent our wedding night just holding eachother and talking for hours, proved me right.

  I smiled to my thoughts and decided to take a shower. After grabbing a bathrobe, I headed to the bathroom and started the shower. Once the water was hot enough I stepped under its spray and let it wash over me.

  I didn't hear the door opening so I was pretty surprised to feel Lucas's hands on my back. I turned and noticed he was naked, mouth-wateringly beautiful and perfectly hard in all the right places.

   "Hi, Mrs. Carter!" His voice was low and husky and I felt short of breath. "I wanted to show you something..." His hands went to the small of my back and he pulled me into him. "But now it will have to wait." He bent his head and kissed me hard, crushing my lips with his. I was completly at his mercy, all helpless in his embrace. "Jump, baby!" I did as I was told and he picked me up, holding me with one hand, using the other one to position himself between my legs. I moaned when he thrusted in and wrapped my legs around him. "That's right, Kate! Let me hear you!" The way he was holding me, the way he was moving his hips, the way he teased, touched and licked every sensitive spot on my body made me go insane. Sex with him wasn't average... Not even good. Sex with him was the mind blowing experience that women are paying to have.

    He started kissing my collarbone, soflty nibbling, while his hips continued their torturous movement, never picking up nor losing speed, and my nails bit into his shoulders, because I could feel it coming. The tidal wave that took everything with it.

   "Say my name!" Lucas whispered the order into my ear and it was just what I needed. I let go and his name left my lips in a glorious scream. "Fuck, Kate!" He growled and I knew he was close. He held me tight for a few moments, slowly thrusting in and out, making me give him everything I've had to give. Before I knew it, he pulled back. I reached for him and he took my hand to his arrousal, falling appart under my touch.

   Our breaths were heavy and we both sat quietly for a few moments.

   "We need to get you on the pill. Fast!" I gave him a satisfied smile and he picked me up into his arms, carying me out of the bathroom.

   "You do know I was perfectly capable of walking, right?" I asked, once he put me on the bed.

   "I know." He gave me a cocky smile and there it was again. That insatiable need for him... "Don't give me the fuck-me look, because I will and we don't have time for that. I told you I wanna show you something." I raised my brows incredulously. Fuck-me look? Me? Never!... "Here! It should fit." And it did. Perfectly... Plus, the baby blue, large yet sexy, jumpsuit was a dream. "You look just as beautiful as I thought you would!" Lucas said from behind me. "Here! I'm sorry I'm a little late." He put a red jewelery box into my hand and my hands started shaking, because even without opening it, I knew what I'd find inside. "Kate, open it!" I did as I was told and my heart stopped beating.

    The saphire engagement ring and the two platinum wedding bands inside of the box were breath-takingly beautiful. "What do you think?" Lucas asked, wrapping his hands around my waist. "I got mine engraved." He added, then took one of the wedding bands and put it on his finger.

    "What does it say?" I asked, curious to find out the answer.

    "You wish you knew..." He said, then took the other two rings and slipped them on my finger. "There!" He took a minute to admire my hand. "Now it's just right." Lucas smiled again and his eyes searched mine.

    "They are beautiful indeed, but, Lucas, they are too much." He frowned.

    "The hell they are! They're perfect!" Lucas smiled proudly and I just didn't find it in me to argue with him. After all, I loved the rings. "Now, come on! I told you I have something to show you."

   Lucas took my hand and led me to the door. He took me to the elevator and through the lobby and out in the street. I saw gamblers passing us by  and dancers and those living statues that Vegas is famous for, but what really got my attention was the  metallic blue sports car, with a huge, red bow on the windshield. I risked a glance at Lucas, and the grin on his face was enough for me to know I was right to be scared.

   He squeezed my hand and pointed at the car. "You like it?"

   "Um... What is this?" He smiled.

   "A car..." He made it sound more like a question  and that made me angry. I wasn't a child!

   "Really?" I ment to sound sarchastic, but I'm not so sure it worked.

  "Yep. A Lexus LF-LC, to be exact."

   "And what is it doing here?"

   "It's yours." He answered simply.

   "You bought me a car? I already have a car."

   "I bought you a Lexus. You didn't have a Lexus."

    "What's with you and the blue things today, anyway?" Lucas shrugged and gave me a childish grin.

   "And what am I supposed to do with it?"

   "You can drive it, but if you don't want to, I will." He took the keys from the boy standing next to him and unlocked the car. "So?"

   "It's mine, right? I'll drive."

   "It's all yours." He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles, after handing me the keys. "And so is my heart."

   We both climbed into our seats and Lucas put his hand on my knee. "Ok, baby... You drive the car and I'll drive you."