Call it love

One. Two. Three. Four. Five... Yep... Five empty  cocktail glasses, meaning five women -hookers, by their looks- walking to and fro Lucas's table. And there goes the redhead again... Great! I thought, just as one of the five made her way back to Lucas and sat on his lap. "God! I think I'm gonna throw up."

    "In that case, maybe you should stop drinking." I turned my head and saw a woman standing right behind me. She had an amazing pixie cut, raven hair and she was wearing a black leather dress, a pair of black boots and a biker jacket. Take all that, add some red lipstick and some eyeliner and what do you get? A very creepy -yet hot- girl. "I'm Clara." She extended her arm to me and I caught a glimpse of a tattoo.

    "I'm Kate." We shook hands and she smiled warmly at me, but I couldn't smile back. There was something about her that didn't seem right.

    "Nice to meet you, Kate! Is this sit taken?" I frowned and slowly shook my head. "May I?..."  I nodded just as slowly and she sat on the chair in front of me. "So, what brings you here?" I narrowed my eyes.

     "What brings you here?" Ok, I know this was lame, but I swear there was something strange about her.

     "A friend calling in for a favour... Your turn!" She said and smiled at me.

     "A broken heart..." I whispered. "So what? You wanna wait here for your friend?"

     "Nope. I've met my friend already. Now I need to do him the favour I've told you about."

     "And what is that?"

     "Watching after you..."

     I stood up all of a sudden, pushing my chair back. Clara stood up as well, ready to follow me.

     "I knew it. I knew there was something strange about you. He sent you, right? Lucas?" I didn't care I was causing a scene. This was too much!

    "What are you talking about?" She seemed truly confused. "I was talking about Ron. Who's Lucas?"

    "Ron? Ron sent you to watch after me?" She nodded and I glanced at the bar. He was indeed looking at the two of us. I frowned and he smiled appologetically. "Why? I don't need somebody to  watch after me."

    "It looks to me like you do." She said, pointing at the empty glasses. "It honestly comes as a surprise to me that you can still speak coherently." I sat back on my chair and put my head in my hands. "Now, would you like to talk about anything?" I mumbled a negative answer and she smiled again -wasn't this girl a real ray of sunshine? I wondered sarchastically. "I'll make you a deal. I promise I won't judge you if you don't judge me."

    "Judge you? I don't even know you."

     "No, but you will. I'll tell you my story if you tell me yours." She winked and I sighed,

     "There is no story... My husband dumped me two weeks ago, because I am in love with another man and today I had to sign the divorce papers." She shook her head.

    "But there's more to it, isn't it?"

    "Maybe, but that's all you're getting for now." She giggled and I scowled at her. "What?"

    "Nothing. It's just... Now I know why he likes you so much. You're different and he's falling for you..."

    "Who?"

    "Ron..." The sadness in her voice was enough for me to realise what her story was.

     "You love him..." She gave me the saddest look I had ever seen.