THE CURTAIN FALLS

At 2:00 am from the 101 freeway straight through to the 134 freeway , to Figueroa in the downtown L.A. district, down to the 10 freeway and back across to the 405 freeway, a giant black curtain fell from the sky.  It just appeared as if somebody dropped all the color from view, it descended slowly from the heavens until it met the ground.  The National Guard troops that had been surrounding the area drew back as they saw it.

            Nobody wanted to be caught on the wrong side of the blackness, the awesome cold blackness, darker than any dark any man's eyes had ever seen.  It fell, completely enclosing the Hollywood, Silverlake, Koreatown, Westwood districts on all sides.  An impenetrable shield extending into the sky as far as the eye could see.  No equipment on the planet could perceive any activity inside the curtain.  It was as if all of the world inside the blackness had vanished, letting nothing in or nothing out.

            At this point, the whole world knew that something beyond the comprehension of mankind was taking place. There were many people attempting to explain it, but there was no one on the planet outside of the unholy slate black walls that knew what was going on, except for eight people in a hotel in Long Beach Even they weren't sure, even they were afraid, with the things they knew, that they were in way over their heads.

            All of them except one, the innocent one,  She would lead her eight brave musketeers into the mouth and jaws of the dragon, for it was her responsibility, to passionately attempt with all her soul to attempt to extinguish it's fire.

            These brave eight were the only hope.