BACK TO THE SHOW

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen to the Gerry Fulton Show, today's topic, Armageddon or Criminal Conspiracy, I'd like to introduce Captain Roger Hodges with the Los Angeles Police Department.  Is that downtown sir?"

            "Rampart Station."

            "I see, so tell us, Captain Hodges, what is the situation in the Rampart area?"

            "There has been a rapid growth of violent crime in the Silver Lake area as well as downtown and Korea town.  We have been unable at this time to calculate the reasons for this but are doing our best to contain the situation."

            "Is it true that there is insufficient manpower to contain the situation?"

            "If the situation continues at the rate it is at now, we are going to have to have federal or state assistance."

            "So Captain, would you say that it would be unadvisable to travel through that district?"

            "I would advise as little travel through these areas as possible."

            "And what if you are a resident in these areas?"

            "Stay in."

            "Stay in?"

            "Yes."

            "Next, I would like to introduce Dr. Jeffrey Brinker, a leading expert in the field of criminal psychology at Berkley.  Dr. Brinker, how can we understand what is going on?"

            "The only times in history when this sort of behavior takes place is during times of societal stress, in today's society, unemployment is at it's all time high, education has become too expensive, drugs have penetrated all segments then add overpopulation and traffic jams, high rents and government control and a new generation that was born into all this madness and I'm afraid we're heading into a revolution.  I think the youth of America especially in the inner city is fed up with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer and this thing could get out of control very rapidly, personally, I'm going to Mexico."

            "So what do you think needs to happen to bring this under control?"

            "Too many things need to happen all at once, I'm afraid it's already out of control."

            "This is Martin Brier, Sergeant at Arms of the Hollywood Guardian Angels, he and his followers spend a good part of their lives on the streets.  What is your opinion of what is going on Martin?"

            "It's nuts, it's just crazy.  Nothing makes sense, people we see everyday are suddenly behaving in violent and antisocial manners without any provocation, it's like anybody who might have been a little trouble all of a sudden is, people who are normally cool have bad attitudes and people who were bad have gotten dangerous.  People are dropping out of the Angels, like crazy, can't say I blame 'em."

            "Why...why do you think this is going on?"

            "It might be some of what the doctor over there said but I don't think that's all of it, this isn't like something that has been growing, I mean we usually can manage to keep the status quo without calling in the cops.  Things have been the same for a long time and then suddenly everything went nuts.  I'm not claiming to be an expert but this is more than a revolution, there ain't no leader."