Three Musketeers

Merrill Graves, Beth, Mike and Parker were all sitting around the coffee table trying to figure out what their next move was going to be.These people were now family, even closer than some families ever become, because through Steve they had all been touched and revealed in ways that people never reveal themselves, it was as if none of them had any secrets from each other, and this bond they established would last the rest of their lives. Together, they knew that the challenge ahead would be conquered but none of them really knew how.

Merrill started by saying,

"Let's start by figuring out what we all have in common, for one thing, it seems that we are all pretty much loners" nodding heads, "except for Parker. You're not alone are you?"

"Nope"

"It also seems peculiar to me that we have all had people passing away around us, but not ourselves."

"Yeah" said Beth, "I never really thought about that but you're right."

"And somehow we all managed to be together at this place and this time from far away places."

"That's right man, that's a trip," said Mike.

Then Parker sat up and said,

"You know what I think."

"No honey, what do you think?"

"I think they can't get us, they get close, but they always miss."

Merrill asked her,

"Who do you think they are? do you know?"

"I kinda do, they're mean people, and there is a whole bunch of em up there," She pointed up. "And they're trying to get bigger by getting more mean people, I can feel em, I can feel how bad they want it, I feel them getting bigger."

Beth looked at her totally astonished, her jaw dropped,

"How long have you been feeling this Parker?"

"Oooh, a long time."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Sometimes I told you things and I knew you didn't believe me."

"How did you know I didn't?"

"I know lots of things sometimes."

"Like what, what kind of things?"

"Well, I guess I can tell now, since Daddy and everything."

"Yes please."

"Well, I can tell when people are not nice, like that bad man in the red car, I tried to tell you, but you didn't believe me then either."

"Oh...I guess you're right, sometimes I didn't believe you."

"I can tell when people are lying and I can sometimes hear people think."

"You mean you read minds?"

"Well, I don't know what that means, I just sometimes know what people are thinking about, not all the time, just sometimes, that's how come I knew daddy, I heard him think it."