FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

"It's getting time for D-day gentlemen, everything is in readiness."

Preacher had found a conference room in the prison that looked like a place where GM execs might hold a board meeting, mahogany panelling and all. The conference table was probably 20 feet long, with a big leather chair at the head that he was standing in front of with Dodds standing behind it. On either side of the table was his ten Masters, the new replacement named Anthony Briggs was sitting at his left at the far end.

"Before we get down to business, I'd like to introduce our new member, Mr. Anthony Briggs."

All the Masters looked down the table and gave a nod and he nodded in return. This was an odd scene, none of these men belonged here in their prison blues and their tattoos. Some were musclebound neanderthals with shaved heads and goatees and others were thin and emaciated in appearance from their years of heroin abuse, a motley crew at best, but if they were in this club it meant one thing, they were dangerous.

The new man who replaced Preacher's Judas was the power behind some of the others that were sitting here, he commanded respect, his demeanor was one of pacifism but he held more power here than anybody, except now, of course, for Preacher. His power was bought and paid for, he owned guards and people on the outs and controlled all the drugs in the prison. On the outside he was a drug czar with a cocaine castle and he was worth millions and had fingers that reached deep into political circles and into the pockets of the rich and famous. It was through him that Childs would find himself ideally situated to continue his work.

"We are now preparing to make our move, with connections we are presently making on the outside, through Mr. Briggs, we will be able to move right on out of here. We will lose many followers but they will go on with the Player if they are brave and suffer well, in the service of their Messiah."

"Fuck the dumb shit."

"Who dares interrupt me?"

Preacher looks over the table and sees a man staring back in defiance. It's a large muscular black man with a shaved head and a tattooed face.

"I do, just fuck all that other shit man, how we gettin outa here?"

Preacher looked amused,

"I see you believe yourself a legitimate challenge to me."

"No, it ain't dat man, it's jus..."

"Just what?"

"Well, I'm kinda tired of all that holier than thou shit."

"I am holier than thou."

He pointed his finger at the man and he started breaking out in pimples that soon became boils that began bursting. He was screaming as his flesh was like torn paper dribbling yellowish pus, he brought his hands to his face and, when he saw it on his hands he began screaming,

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please stop !"

Preacher lifted his finger and smiled as the man returned to normal, everyone once again was looking at the table to ignore the situation.

"Do we have any other rude people here?"

Silence.

"Good, I will continue, there are people outside preparing for our homecoming, you might say, you don't need the details, it will be obvious at the time of departure. What you do need to know is that you are to surround me and your men will surround you, they will be the sacrificed ones, you all will come with me, I value your services, now I have a surprise for you."

He walked over to the first man on his left and said, "You will now all be anointed."

He touched him on the head, the man took a deep breath as if he had just been dumped into ice water and shivered. He seemed like he just slammed a half gram of crystal Meth, rushing so hard he couldn't speak, but smiling like he was having an orgasm.

He went to each man in turn and did the same thing as the others watched and waited their turn.He returned to the head of the table and did the same to Dodds who fell back against the wall, laughing like the fool he once was.

"Now that I have your attention and you all have felt the power of the Player, you will find yourselves better equipped for the following act in our little show."

The men all sat a little higher in their chairs now as if they suddenly realized they were somebody. They became aware of themselves, instant arrogance had just been applied, just add hoodlums. Dodds didn't move like a monster anymore, he stood like a man and his eyes had become normal and extremely green.

"Now we are ready." said the Preacher.