Her pink exotic hair was still short, which Sasuke found to make her stand out of the crowd of the stereotypical girls with long hair. Her emerald eyes was still wide with shock, but the sun made her eyes look completely ethereal.

She looked exactly like the day he left her. 

Even if her forehead wasn't as big and her breasts definitely had increased in size. She was the same intelligent and independent Sakura Haruno who wasn't afraid to speak her mind and didn't care when it came to looks. Sasuke smirked, glad that she hadn't changed at all. 

"Ah, Sakura," Shikamaru grinned at the model. Sasuke saw Sakura shoot him a glare, and he knew they were both thinking the same thing. Bastard probably planned this. "Why don't you sit down-"

"No way," she said firmly. All her previous cheekiness had vanished. Shikamaru raised an eyebrow. Sasuke glanced away, knowing the reason behind her choice. "You know what happened in high-school. No way am I going to sit down with him."

Green eyes shot a poisonous glare at Sasuke. So she still wasn't over that, Sasuke concluded. But did he really expect her to welcome Sasuke back with open arms?

No. 

Other women and girls would, but not this particular woman. Sakura Haruno is independent. She doesn't need a man. Isn't that what made him fall for her in the first place?

"Okay," Sasuke shrugged, knowing that he was acting like an absolute jerk even though he didn't want him to be. But that's what made his father proud, wasn't it? The coldness, the aloofness, the arrogance. At least one of those three qualities were in each Uchiha. "Go home then."

Sakura directed her rage towards him now, a scowl forming on her face. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Sasuke lifted his chin up. He was doing this for his father. Getting closer to Sakura would only mean him falling for her again. And the trouble that happened nine years ago repeating itself. Sakura could not get close to him. "Shikamaru invited you. He invited me as well. If you don't want to be here if I'm here, do you really think you can kick me out? If you really don't want to interact with me, you can leave."

Onyx clashed with emerald as they stared each other down, daring the other to speak. Sasuke clenched his jaw, not interested in backing down. 

"Uhm," Shikamaru coughed, reminding the two that he was here. "Can you guys at least do a truce? A temporary one, at least? Just for today?"

Sasuke considered this idea. He hated being the jerk version of himself all the time. Maybe, maybe just for one day he could be the person he wanted to be. Nothing much could happen in one day, right? What was the harm? "Alright."

"Sakura?" Shikamaru asked. Pink eyebrows were knitted together, carefully evaluating the situation. "Just for today?"

"Fine," relented Sakura. She sat down on the bench, careful not to sit next to the Uchiha. "Alright, then. Let's do some spying."

Shikamaru grinned, looking relieved. "Sai entered the café just a moment ago. Look, they're introducing themselves."

This place provided a perfect location to spy on the two, Sasuke observed. The window was nice and large, and gave the trio a full view of Sai and Ino from head-to-toe. The bench wasn't too far or too close, so they could spy without being seen. 

Sasuke watched closely as Sai opened his mouth and talked, undoubtedly telling Ino a little about himself. What he said at the end must've been funny because it was obvious from even a distance that the blonde was laughing her head off.