Chapter 20: Brothers

Taehyung POV

"Omma, I am going to walk with Yeontan!"

I shouted from the door of my house, telling my mum who was busy to prepare dinner in the kitchen. Yeontan was beside me, looking at me happily. He jumped a little, seemed excited. He was bored just staying at the house for almost two weeks. He needs refreshing too, like human.

"Fine, just comeback before 7!"

Mum replied, shouted back from her kitchen. I could smell the yukgaejang's aroma from inside the house. Mum's cook is the best, I felt hungry already just by smelling it. But, I have decided to take Yeontan walk to the park just for a minutes. We are going to have fun, like brothers.

Just climbing up the hill by 15 minutes from my house, me and Yeontan could find an old playground, near by a cliff, the only one around my housing complex in Daegu, stuffed by children's play, like slides, swings, and seesaw. There is a basketball court too, the place in which I spent a lot with my friends during the junior high.

Yeontan was trying to release his body from my arms when he saw the playground. Now after he set himself free, he just ran happily, trying to catch a butterfly.

I sat on the swing, watching Yeontan from afar. From this place, I could see the small forest under the hill. The forest in which I experienced my first kiss, with the girl whom I've been in love with til now.

I closed my eyes, remembering the heated kiss I had with her in front of the fireflies. Such a sweet memory that I could not forget. I never heard her confession, yet I could feel she has the same feelings with me. If only Jungkook not interested in her....

I have decided to back off, once again, to let Jungkook fix his relationship with his girl. I should be away for a while, in Daegu, so they could be getting back together.

I took a deep inhale reaching the fresh Daegu air from my position, when someone tapped on my back. A bit freaked out, I was, nervously turned around my head to face the stranger behind me.

And it was Jungkook.

I rubbed my eyes in disbelief, as if it was a dream. But he told me, "It's not dream, Hyung. It's me."

He did not smile. On the opposite, he looks sad.

I stood up from the swing now, caught Yeontan. He seemed pretty upset because he was almost catching his butterfly.

"What are you doing in Daegu?" I asked him, half-whispering, still could not believe my eyes and ears.

"I miss your mum's yukgaejang," he replied, still without smile. "Lucky me, coincidentally she was cooking it when I came. Then she told me to go to this playground to get you home."

He took a deep sigh, eyes were wandering the place.

"I still remember this playground. When I was a trainee and could not go back to Busan because it was too far, you got me here, to spend Chuseok with your family, sparing basket one on one in this playground," Jungkook said, still looking around, his eyes fixated to the basketball court beside us. "How I miss those old days."

"Let's go home," he said, turned his body, now he was back-facing me.

I followed him, obediently. We headed back to my house.

When we arrived at my house, my parents welcomed Jungkook by a tight hug because he is their favorite in BTS. They have been treating Jungkook like their own child. Even when in dinner, they gave the biggest ribs to him, not to me, in which I pouted and Jungkook proudly showed off to me, that my parents love him.