School's Out

.

May 25, 1995

Today is the last day of junior year and our summer vacation starts. I patiently wait for the minute hand in the clock to strike 12.

"So the summer reading for you all is to read The Art Of War and for next year when you all become seniors...."

RINGGGGGG

The entire class throw their papers onto the ground and bolted out the door. I follow behind them only the meet face to face with Travis. "Hey baby girl," he said walking beside me. Ever since prom night, he has been up in my face and it starting to get annoying.

"First of all, don't call me baby girl and second of all what the hell you want?" I said to him before stopping by my locker. "Chill girl I was just wondering what you are doing this summer cause you know we can always go back to summer camp," he said and I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes at him but failed. "Look Travis I already have plans for the summer," I tell him. I look behind him and see Lucky walking up to his locker. We share a look before he moves his attention ton his locker.

Travis turns behind him and looks a Lucky but only give him a rude expression. "Are you still fucking that white boy?" he semi-yelled catching both Lucky and I's attention. "First of all no and second if I was its none of your fucking business," I said matching his attitude.

"Yeah, your right it's not my business but it's your brother's," he said before walking off. Lucky and I shared a look before I head towards the school parking lot.

**********************************************************************

Walking into my house, T.J walks up to me with a little peep to his step. I wonder what crawl up his ass. "I thought I said stay away from that white boy," he yelled in my face. I rolled my eyes and walking to the kitchen to grab my bag of grapes. "Look, I am," I said back to him and walked past him.

But he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. "What the fuck is your problem?!" I yelled snatching my arm from him. "Why the fuck is someone telling me that you and that fucking white boy are fucking!" he yelled.

"Well, whoever is telling you that is fucking lying! You threaten the man that I love life if I continue to see him so why the fuck will I risk that dumbass. Instead of listening to high school boys that can't take a hint that I don't like him, open your fucking eyes." I yell. Pushing past him I ran up to stairs to my room and locked my door.

After a few hours, T.j left for is gang stuff and Lucky, Hallie, and Papi came by. I laid in Lucky's arms as Hallie and Papi argued about Princess Peach was the best racer or not.

"We need to be more careful" I quietly said to Lucky as he played with our fingers. "Yeah, today was close but no matter what I'm still gonna love you," he said then he leans down to put his lips on mine but before things could heat up, Papi interrupted up.

"Enough of this mushy bullshit. What we gon do for summer break yo?" he asked.

"Yeah, cause last year was wack as shit," Hallie added and she ain't wrong. We couldn't go to the beach because of an oil spill, we couldn't go to camp Gracie because the owner got arrested. "Well, I had something in mind," Lucky said sitting up from our laid position. "What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise but I book a cabin for a few weeks in Long Island," he said. Papi and Hallie started to get excited and I sat up to Lucky. "When were you gonna tell me?" I said snaking my arm around his neck. "When we pull up to the cabins. I wanted ths summer break to be special for us since we can be seen together," he said. "AWWWW," Papi and Hallie said annoyingly. I shot a finger at but of them. Lucky brought my face in towards his and kissed me. I happily oblige to the kiss as the kiss got heated.

"Oh, ya nasty," Hallie said. I waved my hand to them signaling them to get out of my room. "Ok, we leaving," Papi said. Lucky slips his tongue with mine and I let out a soft moan. "Use protection," Papi added before the door closed behind them.

Lucky laid me down and pulled off my shirt without breaking the kiss.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Hey mommy," I said sweetly as I walk into the kitchen.

"Whatchu want child," she said flipping the pancakes. "Mama, I can't be nice to my mother on this glorious morning," I said to her. She looked at me and then said "No," then went back to cooking.

"What do you want?" she asked again.

"LuckyaskedmetogowithhimtoLongBeach," I said in one breath.

"What!?" she cut off the stove and looked at me. "Lucky asked me, Hallie and Papi, to spend a week at a cabin he booked in Long Beach so can I please go, "I begged. She grabs the skillet with the bacon inside and placed it on the dinner table. "No,"

"What why?" I plead

"Because I said so," I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. It's a sad excuse to use.

"That's not a very good reason mama, "I said

"Okay, you're too young to be going on trips by yoself with your boyfriend,"

"I won't be by myself Hallie and Papi will be there too. Mama, I really love him and you know the whole T.J. we can't even see each other. We just really want to be together with hiding, "I said then gave her my famous pouty lips and sad eyes.

She sighs and rolls her eyes. "Fine you can go, but just remember to be safe and smart. Don't make me drive up there toLong Beach and beat yo ass," she said. I smiled and ran into her arms.

"Thank you thank you, mama," I said sitting down at the table.

"Go get your sister," she said. I got up from the table and started to head towards the stairs but my mom stopped me. "Rose,"

I turned around to face her. "Yes, mama,"

"Your boyfriend too."

Busted

****************************************************************************************