Hello Again

Monday, March 12, 1995

Throughout the day I couldn't stop thinking about Lucky. And here I am in English wondering how his eyes are so blue that I drowned in them and why his voice is so smooth it makes silk jealous.

What the hell am I talking about? I meet him once. Stupid fucking hormones. "Attention class," Mr.Gomez announces. The entire class looked at him and there he was. Lucky. "Class this is Lucky Smith and he is a transfer student from London. Is there anything else you would like to add Mr.Smith." He asked him.

"Nope, you said everything that needed to be said," Lucky says. "Well, how about you go have seat next to Miss Jones." He said and I raised my hand so he can see who I am. When we made eye contact, he gave me a smile and started to walk to the empty seat next to me.

He sat down next to me and set his stuff down. "Hello again." He said to me. I turned my head and smiled at him "Hi." Mr. Gomez turned off the lights and rolled in a t.v. with a VCR. "What are we doing?" Lucky leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. "We're discussing Shakespeare," I whispered back.

Mr. Gomez presses the play button on the VCR. Romeo and Juliet resume from where we left off last week. As the movie continues Lucky lean over to me. "Since I'm new to the country I think it's only right for if a nation born person should show me around." He whispered. Since the light is off he doesn't see me blush.

"Well you should ask an American," I said kinda sassy kinda feeling myself. "Well, I know you." He said back even closer. Close enough that I can smell the mint in his breath. "But you don't," I said back to him. "But I can get to know you." He starts to say but Mr.Gomez turns on the lights.

"Mr. Smith since you are clearly the talking type how about you tell me the next line in the movie." He calls out. I hate when a teacher does this. The whole class turns and looks at Lucky.

"Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it is morrow." He quotes perfectly. Mr. Gomez has a look of surprise on his face but quickly cover it up with admiration. "Very good but next time keep quiet." He said and continued the movie.

"Must be nice," I whispered to him. "What?" He asked me. "To cite Shakespeare so effortlessly." 

"Well if I don't know Shakespeare I can't call myself English now can I." He jokes and I giggled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school was over with Papi, Hallie and I went to our spot. JoPoPo's deli. "So I saw you and o boy talking. Is he tryin to holla at you." Papi said. I try to think when he could've seen us together because lucky and I have only officially met twice. But I forgot Papi is in my English class which is surprising that he saw us talking cause Papi is always sleep in that class.

"What no he just wanted to ask me to show him around," I tell them before taking a bite out of my meatball sub. Meatball sub with grilled mushrooms, green bell pepper, onions, and white melted cheese was me and Dad's favorite sandwich.

"Wait you're not gonna give him yo chocolate delight." He jokes and Hallie laughs at his stupid ass.

"Boy shut up and nothing is gonna between us," I tell them. They both gave me an inside look

 They both gave me an inside look