Sneakin' & Shit*

Wednesday, May 5, 1995

The plan is that Lucky and I keep our relationship private and only a few people know which is Hallie, Papi, and Harry. After T. J. gave me the ultimatum, I refuse to talk to him. I can believe he would've forced me to break up with someone just because he doesn't like them.

I put on my outfit for the day, grabbed Walkman and walked out of my bedroom door.

I walked downstairs to my mom making her self a cup of coffee, and Katie eating cereal, "Good morning baby," she said before taking a sip from her cup

I walked downstairs to my mom making her self a cup of coffee, and Katie eating cereal, "Good morning baby," she said before taking a sip from her cup. I grabbed an apple and signed to Katie a 'Good morning'

"Good morning mama," I said. "I'm sorry about Lucky. Your brother had no right to do that to you." She said. After what T.J. did, my mama screamed to the top of her lungs but when it comes to T.J. what goes in one ear doesn't come out the other.

"Thanks, mama but Lucky and I still going out. So you have to promise not to tell T.J."

"Child, I've been keeping secrets from y'all since before you were born." She joked. She snaps her fingers at me. "I have a date tonight and I won't be home until later so you'll have to babysit Katie tonight." She told me.

"Okay mama," I say back then I walk out the door. Since everyone thinks that Lucky and I broke up and people in my neighborhood are wannabe thugs that will snitch to my brother. I started my walk to the bus stop.

"Wassup young blood," JoeD said as I'm walking up to his corner. JoeD is the street sell man. Whatever you want he got it and if he doesn't get it, he can get it for you. "Nothing much," I said to him. "I got em Brandy tickets. Fresh off the streets." He said to me.

I stopped in front of him the see what he got. "How much?" I asked him. He pulled out to tickets for me to see. "$50 each." He said.

"I'll holla at you later bout em," I said walking off to the bodega. Hallie and Papi walk out and I jog to catch with them. "Did I do Mrs. Val French homework?" Papi asked.

"Duh and no I'm not finna let you see my work." She replied.

"So C, what's going down tonight," Papi asked me. "Well, it's just gonna be me and my man," I tell them. "Ain't yo mama gonna be there?" Hallie asked.

"Naw, She has to go on a hospital retreat thingy and she won't be back until Friday," I tell them. "What about yo sis?" Papi asked. 

"She's over my grandma's house for the week?"I tell them

We see the bus pulling up and we all take out our bus pass. "Okay nasty. Don't go any farther with the details." Hallie said.

"Says who," Papi added. I smack the back of his head as we go on the bus.

^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^

"Okay class looks at the paper before you and I want you to find all the grammar mistakes and fix them." Mr. Gomez said. "And no talking!" He added and sat down at his and continued reading his book. I ripped out a piece of paper and wrote down a note for Lucky.