|• chapter - 22 •|

"Maybe this was it. Maybe this was my end. Maybe this is how I'm supposed to die and–"

"Are you going to keep on binge watching these movies or will you actually move from the bed?" Armaan bhai asked and I groaned at him. What is wrong with him now?

"Well for starters you should think in your head only and to answer your question I heard you're meeting with mani?" He questioned acting as if I was stupid and didn't know what he was talking about. This is my brother and my bestfriend we're talking about. I can read them both like the back of my hand.

"Yeah and so...?" I trailed off as he stood up and paced around the room, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Well– well you- well–" he rambled as I interrupt with an irritated sigh.

"Well what?!"

"Well that I want to meet her but she's so stubborn and she won't meet with me because and I quote ' it's not good for the groom and the bride to meet before marriage and please don't force me on this.' So you see what I'm dealing with here?" He sighed and sat down on my bed as laughter erupted from me.

Manaal has all these believes that she believes on too much. It's more like a myth that has been roaming around for as long as anybody could remember.

"And you think she'll listen to me? Lol. I can't, sorry bro!" I said and played the movie again. I really wasn't into the movie, I was just trying to distract myself from the awful reality. Suddenly the urge to hear Dr Shehryar's voice overcame me, leaving me dumbfounded.

"Hey you okay?" Armaan bhai asked giving me water and I nodded. Maybe I–

No. Not again Annaya. Don't even use that word.

"Well will you help me?" He asked once again bringing me to reality.

I pondered over it for a few seconds but then finally gave in to his request.

"So how do we do this?" He asked.

I made weird faces making him more anxious and oh Allah, the faces he was making, lol, I was on the verge of laughing myself to death.

"I have a plan but if you do anything against it, I'll tell Manaal and then you'll have to deal with it all alone."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Just tell me quickly!"

"Fine, fine so we...." I continued to tell him my evil genius plan as a smirk made it's way to his face.

●●●

Soon the clock struck 7 and I got off my bed in hopes to make myself more presentable as I had promised mani before.

Halfway through my wardrobe I was already dead set that I had nothing to wear when a blue dress caught my eye. It was simple yet amazing. I quickly tugged it off the hanger and jumped in the shower, getting ready.

After about fifteen minutes or so I was ready and grabbing my phone from the dresser I skid down the railing, jumping in my car. Armaan bhai came out wearing casual clothes with a blue shirt and jeans and we drove off to the restaurant. 

"Okay so you go over there and wait. You'll be able to get a sneak peak of her and if she wants to talk, she'll come out. Just be patient and don't barge in on us. Okay?" I asked and after his 'yes ma'am' I exited the car and walked into the restaurant.

I saw a guy who looked like Dr.Shehryar exit as Mani entered and waved at me.

"Oh Allah, you look beautiful!" She complimented me and I gave her a toothy grin.