|• chapter - 17 •|

Sometimes you just have to hate something and that isn't only because of just one reason but many. I HATED flying or traveling because of many reasons and being jet lagged after a 3 hour flight is another. If I was cranky before, believe me, you would want to kill me now.

"Geez who gave you the sour candy?" Ali asked while dragging not only his but my bags with him too.

"Your bestfriend, Enaas. Got a problem with that?" I asked glaring at him. He shook his head negative and I muttered a 'that's what I thought, dumbass' audibly causing Sara and Ahmed to laugh out.

"You really think that's funny? I bet I could laugh more by just seeing both your faces." I retorted and now it was Ali's turn to laugh. Both Ahmed and Sara's faces turned sour as soon as they heard this.

"You know you should learn to grow up." Ahmed said slightly embarrassed for not having a comeback.

"Says the child himself." I sarcastically added and oh boy all of us went out laughing.

I heard Sara whisper 'she just needs sleep' to everyone and I smiled a little. I have good friends alhumdulilah. With that thought I quickly skipped to the reception and got the key to mine and Sara's room and then again, laughing like some idiot I skipped to it but fell on my ass as I crashed in some wall.

"Ouch! Mayday-mayday!" I wheezed as I giggled. Something is very wrong with me. I looked up to see Dr.Shehryar looking at me. Confusion and his same old no-smile look plastered on his face. He kept looking at me as my giggles died and I in a very angry tone retorted, "you're blind. Didn't you see my plane flying around? Huh? It crashed because of you. Many bones and organs died." What? His eyes widened as he looked at me and tried to comprehend what I had said.

"Dont mind her, she's–" somebody spoke behind me and I giggled at them. I stuck my tongue out at each and everyone and giggling went in my room. I could see them talking but Dr.Shehryar's stare or gaze or just the fact that he was looking at me, made my heart beat faster but right now, I wasn't in my senses to question this and so I hit the pillow and drifted off to sleepland. Like always :)

●●●

S H E H R Y A R

"It's the flying."
"No, she's still mean."
"Ignore him and also she'll be okay. She just needs to sleep it off. I don't know how she survived the take off, flying and the landing."
"Who was sitting beside her?"
"I don't know. I was stuck between two grandmas."
My interns bickered as I saw her enter her room. Before entering our eyes met again and I could feel something strange in my heart. Her door closed and I turned around to leave but Sara caught up with me.

"I just wanted to say thank you." She said with a little smile.
"Welcome but for what?" I replied still unsure of what she was talking about.
"You helped her make it through the plane ride. I know how scared she was. Thank you for helping her!" She replied as I remembered how we went through it all. I nodded and began moving forward when she spoke again, "you seem fond of her."

I halted and turned to look at her. A look of relief and trust shielded it. I'm not. But am I? "I don't think so. Anyways, it's getting late. Take care of her." I spoke and realized what I had said. I looked at Sara, one of my interns, who had ' I told you so ' face on right now. She gave me a reassuring smile and went away. What's wrong with me?

I went to my room and changed into fresh clothes. My phone that was laying idle on the bed rang as I went to pick it up.

"Hello!" Came the voice from it.