I took a deep breath and readied myself for this other piece of hell I got myself into. 

"I'll surely regret this," I muttered to myself.

"You were saying?"

I jumped to my feet when I saw him standing a few steps from me. He was devilishly staring at me with his arms crossed. His eyebrows rose with delight as he saw how his presence affected me.

Damn it. Whoever said nightmares only haunt you in your sleep?!

I opened my mouth for a rebuttal but I just don't see the point in reasoning out. So he heard me. So what?

He arrogantly smirked and turned his back at me.

"Follow me."

I rolled my eyes and grit my teeth together. So much for making good impressions. This one will certainly last.

I begrudgingly walked in his shadow as we went further into the room.

The entire place was very spacious. It was more like a bachelor's pad; its size multiplied to three. The abode has been splashed with only the colors black and white with a little tinge of red on some parts. There's no doubt a man lives in this haven. You couldn't really sense the slightest touch of femininity around here.

"This is your room. This is mine." He called out from across the hall. "You are totally off-limits here. At no point should you enter nor try to barge in regardless if it's life or death. I don't care. So know your bounds."

"I will. I swear to God." I said sarcastically. What the heck is he keeping in that room anyway?

"I also have a few set of rules I'd like you to know about."

Really? Rules? He's beginning to sound like my dad.

"I already stated the first rule. Again, know your bounds." He pointed his finger at me like a threat. He was talking to me like I'm his housemaid, telling me what chores to do on a daily basis.

"Got it." I wanted to swat his finger off. There's really no need for that.

"Second. Access. The passcode to this place is top secret. Only I have knowledge of it. But since I want to keep our interaction at the very least as possible, I'll give it to you provided that you keep it secret and sacred."

This is a total exaggeration. Would it launch a war if I give it away? But of course, I didn't say it out loud. 

"I'll bury it to my grave." I managed to say cheerfully.

"Third. Privacy. I'm the kind of person who gives high importance to my private life. So, any selfies, check-ins, or any posts that could reveal this place to the public is a no-no. You are aware how crazy our fan base can be right?"

"Yup. There's no messing around with them." How long is the list of rules anyways? I want to get this over with.

"Fourth. Necessities. I was only asked to provide you with lodging for free. Emphasis on the last word. So food, drinks, toiletries and what have you, you take care of it. And don't even think of getting from my stash. I would know. I'm telling you. No offense, but you seem to be the type who eats a lot you know." He looked at me from head to toe.

Any self-esteem I have at the moment was swept away in an instant. Did he just call me fat???!!

I pursed my lips together just to make sure I don't utter a word I might regret.

"Fifth. Unwanted visitors. Your friends if you do have or people other than me are considered unwelcome. At no point can you invite anyone to come over. I don't care if it's just chit-chat over a cup of coffee. My residence isn't a café or a venue for promiscuity. There are places outside of this vicinity for that."

I clenched my fist around my bag handle as I try to suppress myself from strangling him. This guy has no tact at all! I just met him! Couldn't he be more well-mannered at least?!

"So that's it. Five simple rules. It's a no-brainer actually but I hope I get to explain each one down to your level."

I cracked my mouth open, ready to spit a curse at him. But I stopped myself. I am basically homeless at the moment. So getting on my landlord's bad side isn't something I'd consider at this point in time.

He looked at me like I'm in kindergarten or something. I can't believe he's looking down at me when he doesn't even know me at all. How I want to choke him with that headset around his neck.

He sneered at me and went into his bedroom. 

I balled my hand into a fist and threw it in his direction only to find him back at the doorstep. I swiftly withdrew my hand and smiled awkwardly. He only scorned me in return. 

Strike One Rozie.

"One last rule by the way."

Another one? Why didn't he just make his own version of the Ten Commandments??!

"No matter what, don't fall in love with me."

He disappeared in a dash and slammed the door shut before I even get to react.

I tried to compose myself while I scanned the corners of the hallway for any CCTV cameras. I grouchily entered my bedroom and dragged my suitcase in while I muttered to myself.

As soon as I shut the door, I lightened up at the sight before me. The room was dimly lit and has a really cozy vibe to it. It has a queen-size bed by the large glass window slightly covered by a long curtain. It has its own walk-in closet like any girl dreams about and the bathroom space is almost equivalent to the bedroom I have way back home.

Mounted on the wall I think is a 50 inch TV and surround speakers are attached to each corner of the room. There's also a mini-fridge adjacent to the leather black couch that looked like the seats you'd see in premium cinemas.

Wow. This already looked like our entire house squeezed into a single room. This surely costs millions of dollars.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection at the dresser by the bed that I didn't see the first time I scanned the room. I sat on the seat that resembled one that directors use in production sets. The mirror was surrounded by light bulbs so I tried to look for the switch and found it at the bottom right. I turned it on and whoa, it took my reflection to the very next level. No wonder celebrities have this kind of dresser. It enhances their beauty that only average people get from apps in the play store. For a moment, I felt really beautiful. I appreciated the change it brought to my image until...

You seem to be the type who eats a lot you know.

His voice suddenly echoed in my mind. I cringed right away.

"Know your bounds. It's a no-brainer actually but I hope I get to explain each one down to your level. One last rule by the way. No matter what, don't fall in love with me." I mocked his every word using the exact tone he used.

I sank into the bed and whined like a 2-year-old. 

I shouldn't have left home!

I rolled on the bed back and forth and pulled hard on my hair with both of my hands.

"I can't believe the devil's spawn is just right across this bedroom. Rules shmules. Damn it. One wrong move and then what? I'm evicted? Is this reality TV or something?  Sheesh. Our school principal back in high school was even nicer than him."

Choices, Rozie.

Why do you always make the wrong choices???!!

To be continued...