Chapter 30: Open, Close.

Start from the beginning

"Bad place?"

"Dad was making mom get training too. He said in order to be his wife she'd need to prove herself an acceptable Luna or he'd have to find someone else." The words poured from his mouth as he nodded, refusing to meet my eyes. "He was serious. We all knew that. So she trained constantly and so did I, but it seemed like nothing I did was ever good enough. I was always... a little under his expectations."

"That was his own fault. He didn't train you, he can't just expect you to be Superman."

"Well... He did, and I wasn't, and I'm not. I mean after a year I was up to standard, beyond that actually, one of the strongest future Alpha's around. But I will never meet his expectations of me." I could see Eric's eyes go cold in the moon light before he finished. "We were getting better, sort of, but then he found out what I'd done to you. I let him down all over again and he was embarrassed of me. I would've been too had the situation been reversed. Not for getting you pregnant, but for how I went about doing it. Future Alpha's must be trustworthy after all."

"Daddy, light bugs!" Aiden giggle crashing down onto Eric's back and causing both of us to laugh. "You see light bugs?" He questioned, tiny finger pointing at the bugs surrounding us. We nodded at him before watching his run off, no longer concerned about us as much as he was dancing with the bugs. 

"I don't want to be like my dad, it's my biggest fear. But having impulse control disorder doesn't help much. I keep getting scare I'll do something out of anger and hurt-"

"You wont. I trust you. But," I paused and looked up at him for a moment, Aiden's giggles as background noise. "You need to trust yourself too."

"What about you, you never really talk about your dad."

"He was always good with me. I mean, yeah he was strict, but he's a good dad." I start to laugh as a memory pops into mind. "I started Alpha training at five, and since I'm a Luna, I had to learn elegance as well as strength. So on my first day my mom placed a book on my head with a cup filled with vinegar set on top. It fell all over me and I smelt like vinegar all day. So when I was fighting, the boys kept making fun of me, and I started to cry. In front of them my dad demanded I control myself, future Alpha's don't cry over such trivial things. But later that night he still held me and cuddle me and told me how strong I was. How proud he was of me that I'd done so well. When I pointed out that I cried his grin only grew, he said I'd learn to control it, I just had to keep at it."

"Cute."

"It wasn't cute!" I laughed playfully hitting him. "It was sentimental, sorry to bore you with my tiny tale you loser."

"I meant you were cute but fine! I take my compliment back." I hit him again before placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Mommy, I tired." Aiden stated, exaggeratedly stomping over to me and collapsing in my lap. "I so so so so tired."

"He's right, it's past someone's bed time, we should get going." I smiled up at Eric before pulling myself up and helping Eric to his feet. And as we made our way down, passing the forest with Aiden asleep on my shoulder, I couldn't take my eyes off Eric. He'd opened up to me tonight. An I'd never felt so close to him. I wanted it to last longer then forever, and far far longer then a 2 week vacation.

~~~~~~~~~~

A thick grey smoke cloud rose making it impossible to see my way through the kitchen clearly as I jerked open another window, laughing at Eric as I did so. He'd been paying so much attention to me doing late night yoga on the deck, he'd forgotten he was supposed to be making us a snack, and let the grilled cheese sandwiches burn to a crisp. Oddly, I was extremely flattered. But the growling of my tummy overpowered all flattery.

"Next time you single handily destroy dinner, can you wait until I'm not having pregnancy cravings?" The joke left my lips as Eric plugged in and flipped on a rotating electric fan. I could hear him mumble something under his breath, but it'd been so low, even an actual wolf wouldn't have hear it. "What was that?"

"I said it's not my fault! My wolf's been kicking into overdrive ever since you've gotten pregnant." He turned to face me, but kept his eyes everywhere else. "I want you. Constantly. And you don't even know how hard that is ha!"

"You want me huh?"

"Yeah, but I know I need to control my urges." Eric assured me as I made my way across the room to him. My arms wrapping around his neck as he held my hips loosely, pulling me into him so closely my belly bump brushed his tone stomach. "You're just coming out of the whole Ryan thing and I have the Arie-"

"Please don't say that." I sighed, my arms dropping as I collapse into a nearby chair. 

"I just don't know if it's a good idea to do anything with you right now." A frown spread across his face. "I love you, but if Ryan were to pop up here out of nowhere, I'm not so sure what your heart would say. An if I wanted just sex, I go have just sex. I can't do that with you. I can't just have sex with you again."

"Nothing stopped you last time." It was meant to be a joke, but as soon as it came out of my mouth, I was more then aware I'd said something wrong. That I was wrong.

"You tried to kill me last time, there wasn't much choice in that. I don't want to fight, I'm going to bed, I'll see you in the morning alright? Good night."

"Eric-"

"No. Okay? Just... Get some sleep. You both need it." With those words he disappeared up the steps and I made my way to the couch, deciding then that I'd have to make it up to him in the morning. I'd have to. But for now, I would take to the couch without complaint, and accept that he needed some space tonight.

~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: What? She's back? She fucking updated, that late cunt! Been a while hasn't it? I'm really sorry guys. I would give an excuse but there isn't much of one, I just kept putting it off, and everytime I started typing writers block kicked in. But here you guys go, I love you. Please still be reading ;-; Please comment, vote, share, and in box me because I've been having a A W F U L last few weeks. Later Gators :*)

~halohebby

(Heaven Moore)