Chapter 29: A Beautiful Sight For Tired Eyes

"Adster? You up?" A soft voice filled my ears, causing me to stir in my sleep before peeking open one heavy eyelid. As I did so, I watched as Eric looks down at me. His brown hair dishevelled, clothing wrinkled, and an all around stunning smirk spread across his pink lips. He was staring at me in utter amusement as the next words left his mouth. "You, my mate, are a heavier sleeper than I thought." It came out almost like a laugh as I frowned and sat up, suddenly realizing my surroundings had changed drastically. We were in a car, not any car, but a taxi. Aiden sitting on Eric's lap happily tapping away at a cellphone screen while  soft music danced along the air of the vehicle. Outside, I could see the weather was no longer chilled like it was back home, but sunny and warm. "I only woke you up because we'll be at the house any minute, we actually got here way earlier then I planned."

"And where exactly would here be?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes before clearing my throat and adding "Or am I still not allowed to know?" The smirk on his face grew wider before he reached over, gently tucking a lost strand of hair behind my ear. Suddenly, I felt my breathing patterns becoming heavier and I urged to press his mouth to my own.

"We're in California. My parents have an old friend from here who owns a beach house and is going on a vacation for a while so we'll be staying at his place." Eric nodded to himself before finishing his explanation. "I was originally thinking something way more extravagant. Paris, Amsterdam, Hawaii, Ireland.. But then, I realized I wanted to go more for fun and romance. I wanted to show you more than just a loving mate and I wanted Aiden to experience his second birthday with us as a family. This seemed like a better place to do so. I mean, I know it's not what you expected-"

"Eric, you're rambling!" I chuckled, my mind wondering what all he had in store for us. He chewed on his bottom lip before inhaling and looking back up at me as if for reassurance. "You seem awfully nervous Mr. Moon."

"I want everything to go well, of course I'm nervous." As the words fell out onto the air, the taxi slowly rode to a stop and my eyes locked onto the view. A large solid brick house sat in front of me, lifted 3 feet from the sandy ground. The windows all dark from the lack of lighting. The dark oak wood porch wrapped around, blocked by a patterned brick railing, flowers of all colors growing through them. As I stared in awe, Eric got out of the car handing Aiden to me before beginning to carry our bags into the house. "You just gonna sit there in the cab or do you want to check out the house?" He joked once he'd finished up and I had yet to move.

"Sorry, I'm just... Awestruck I guess." I admitted getting out of the vehicle, Aiden on my hips as he continues playing on the phone. "Someone actually lives here?"

"Yeah, well, him and his family. But they're moving soon he claims so the house will go on the market sometime in the next few months or so." Eric shrugged before taking the device from our son and then placing Aiden onto his shoulders. "Actually, I had the place redecorated just for our stay to give it more of an at home feel. So you might just see some things you recognize." As Eric opened the door, we stepped into the livingroom and my jaw instantly dropped. The space was open to both the living room and dining room, a beautiful sunset orange resting on the walls as the borders shined white and the floor seemed to be a nice sandy tan color. The livingroom had a red couch shaped into a blocky U, a glass end table perched in the middle, and a white flat screen televison mounted to the wall right above an entertainment center filled with games and movies. The wall above the couch held 3 medium sized windows, side by side, revealing the ocean view not too far below us and not too far from the front door was a white door I guessed was a bathroom. The dining room hosted a large square glass table with 8 yellow chairs and white plates with silverware, a chandelier placed skillfully above it. I gasped when I looked up at the wall, 4 large pictures placed between 2 large plants. The large picture to the left was of Eric smiling stunningly, the one next to it was of Aiden laughing while his blue eyes shined, next to that was an ultrasound picture of our unborned daughter, and finally there was a picture of me smiling but looking pleasantly lost in my own mind.