Chapter 4: Start Of A War

Dedicated to AbbyTuiloma, your comments are amazing and i thank you soo much for supporting me.

I couldn't help but feel a bit frantic as I paced back and forth in the livingroom, my mom watching me amused as Ryan sat on the couch pouting. I had made a executive decision, Eric had asked me if he could take Aiden for 2 hours and I had agreed against my own will. I figured Eric wanted this time to bond with Aiden, even when Aiden cried as they drove off, I allowed it. My eyes shot up at the clock again as I stopped dead in my tracks checking my cellphone, nothing, and he was 50 minutes late. Ryan's face was red in anger and worry, I hadn't consulted him about this at all.

"You shouldn't have let him take him, he's only ever met him once." Ryan grumbled under his breathe sinking lower into the couch before springing to his feet, his eyes dulled out as he checked the time himself. "52 minutes late. Wherethe fuck is he?"

"Maybe there was a little traffic, have you tried calling him?" My mom smiled before whisking off into the kitchen. It irritated me a bit to see she wasn't the least bit concerned about her grandson's well being.

"All I got was his fucking voicemail." I frowned before my body began to get heated and my worry felt more like anger. Ryan folded his arms and stared at me, not menacingly but definitely not lovingly either.

"Why'd you even let him take him in the first place?" Ryan asked sounding somewhat annoyed as he checked the windows.

"He's his dad!" I shouted unable to come up with any other reason, if I even needed one which I didn't feel I did.

"I'm his dad." Ryan stated matter of factly releasing a heavy sigh. "I raised him, i've been there through everything. I'm the one he calls dad and Eric... Eric's just a guy who runs away from his responsibilty and is too fucking stupid to understand how life works. He needs to grow the fuck up."

"We don't have any proof that he hasn't Ryan." I frowned checking my phone again for any sign that Eric may have tried to contact me.

"Oh really? He's a hour late Adalaid. He hasn't called to check in or even had the ordacity to send you a message. He's just letting you worry." Ryan frowned back, I knew he was talking out of anger but I couldn't help feel a bit more panicked.

"He'll... He'll be here, Aiden's fine Ryan. Eric wouldn't let anything happen to him Aiden, I know that and so do you." I sighed taking a deep breath not sure if I was trying to convince Ryan or me more. 15 more minutes strolled by quietly and I tried again to call Eric only recieving a voicemail Ryan's temper began to rise a bit as 15 turned to 30 and then shifted to 45 before our eyes.

"A fucking hour and 45 minutes late." Ryan grunted as I ran my fingers threw my brown hair, worried something might have happened, worried something might be up. My head began to spin as I noticed the sun was now falling changing the day sky into a night one as 8:15 hit making me feel dizzy. Finally, I heard the knock on the door and released the breath i'd almost forgot I was holding. I raced to the door only to be beat by Ryan as he swung it open and Jason raced in out of breath.

"DAMN IT!" I yelled causing Jason to flinch a bit out of shock. Tears began to stream down my face and he gave Ryan a look that begged to know what was going on.

"She decided to let Eric take Aiden for a few hours without consulting me, and now he's almost 2 hours late." Ryan frowned his anger obvious.

"Why would you do that? After everything you've been through with that dumbass you thought letting him take Aiden would be a good idea?" Jason frowned not trying to contain his disappointment. Suddenly Jason's face was pale and I knew bad news was coming.

"Jas?Jason what's wrong?" I asked frantically as he cleared his throat and I could feel my heart drop.

"Rogues, they're attacking our territory. I came home to warn you it wasn't safe to go out there." Jason frowned and I could tell he was serious. "Your dad wanted me to warn you... he... he thinks it might be more serious then we even expected. All the men are going out to fight and the women are advised to stay in there home until further notice."