Chapter 28: Early Mornings and Plane Rides

Guys look, I know I promised to do this days ago, but I really just couldn't. I needed this chapter to be something that it honestly just was not then. But now that I've rewritten what feels like a billion times, and maybe you all still wont like it, but I honestly like it. I'm really proud of this chapter, even though it's actually really short. I feel like now it's where I need it to be in order to be posted. So, with that said, here it goes.
~**~ 

The wind flew in through the open bedroom window, leaving every wall covered in the scent of outdoors. It was early in the morning, really early honestly, but as I laid in bed with my back pressed to Eric's- I found that I was anything but tired. My head ached at the realization our flight was set for 9 am, only 4 hours from now, and my stomach flipped from the thought that Eric absolutely refused to tell me where he'd decided we'd go. Rolling over, my face met with his naked shoulder blades and my hand reaches out to touch them. I can feel the heat tingling beneath my skin as the butterflies start and I pull my hand away, placing it now on my stomach. There's a little girl growing inside of me. Eric and I's little girl. My head drops back onto the pillow as I allow my thoughts to drift to the one thing Eric and I hadn't talked about over the week.

Frostbite, or as he now prefers to call her, Ariel.

My wolf growls at the thought of her touching him in a way only I was meant to, but then, I realize I kind of deserve this. I brought it upon myself. I wonder if she and Eric have talked this week, if when we get back he'll still be... 'with' her. Or if maybe he'll be with me. But do I really want to be with him? I still miss Ryan sometimes, am I even ready to move on yet? So... quickly? I erase the thoughts from my brain and turn my attention back to Eric, he's facing me now with one of his arms spread across my growing baby bump. "Eric?" I mumble softly, my lips dangerously close to his as I break the silence.

"What's wrong?" As the words leave his lips, so soft it's almost a whisper, one blue eyes opens and stares at me concerned. I can fill his breathing on my cheek as his grip softly tightens. He's basically fully healed now, which is good, but in a way it's also upsetting. It means when we get back he'll be perfectly capable of living on his own again without me. "Adster? You good?" His voice is a bit louder now as he props himself up on one elbow and opens the other eye.

"I'm okay." I watch him visibly relax at the two words, changing his expression to one of confusion. "I was just thinking." I admit, now refusing to look into his piercing blue eyes as I clear my throat and mentally prepare myself for what I'll say next. My tongue a prisoner behind my teeth. "What are we after this Eric? Co-Parents? Are you still going to be with Ari-"

"I'm not with her." He stated bluntly, cutting me off and forcing me to look at him. His eyes are now a storm of emotions, taking my breath away as he stops blocking them and they flood into me, hitting me one by one. Anger, fear, anxiousness, uncertainty, lust, love, and lastly... Disappointment. "I'm not with her." He says again, his voice almost menacing now as he shakes his head at me. "And I'm not telling you that again Adalaid, you either believe me or you don't. We have sex, yes, we have been for a while. But I have no emotional attachment to her whatsoever. Not that it's your business."

He pulls himself up from the bed once the words escape, stretching as I stare at the waistband of his low riding basketball shorts. His back muscles making my mouth water as his walks towards the bathroom door. "Eric..." I'm irritated with how vulnerable I sound, and silently I curse my hormones for making me crave Eric's body more then normal. "Wait a second." Standing up, I can feel now how tired I truly am, but I ignore it and make my way towards him anyway. My gaze locked onto him as I pull him into me, my face buried in the crook of his neck. "If we don't talk about it, I'll always have questions."

I feel him relaxing underneath my touch before placing his arms on my waist, lifting me up and setting me on the dresser. Slowly, he made his way between my legs, rubbing softly up and down on my thighs. "I have sex with her, I have been for a while. I always pretend it's you. Every. Single. Time. She knows I'm only doing it to fill a void. I don't love her." He frowns at me, once again blocking his emotions. "But lately, sometimes I only pretend it's you at first and then, once I'm into it, I let it be her again." The admission makes my heart drop but I immediately nodded, urging him to continue if there was more. "I just... I couldn't wait for you Adster. I... I'm sorry. I need to shower, see you in 15." 

And with those words he rushed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him as I slowly slid off the dresser. There is was, the truth. I'd waited forever for him, I've never had sex with anyone but him, never been pregnant by anyone else. But for him there was others. Plenty of them I bet. And that was a pill I was either going to have to swallow or toss out. There were only two options in this. But at the end of the day, to Eric, I had never been worth waiting for. I check the clock, frowning at the blinking 6am before making my way to the hall bathroom to shower, remembering how I was worth waiting for when it came to Ryan.

~**~
As we sat on the plane, Eric in the isle seat with Aiden in the middle and me by the window, I turn my phone off. Promising, in a group text, to tell everyone when I landed. Eric leaned back in his seat with his earphones already shoved into his lobes as he played some type of racing game on his phone. Aiden however, was perfectly content playing with his plush truck as we flew above the world, leaving America behind for the next 2 weeks. 

"Where are we going?" I frown to myself as I pull out my own set of earphones and scroll through my music list on my iPod before pulling Aiden onto my lap and clicking a song. As it plays through my headphones, Aiden cuddles into me- blue eyes drooping, and I tap the beat out onto my lap.

"Stand on the bar.

Stomp your feet, start clapping!

Got a real good feeling,

Something bad's about to happen."

I smirk at the Miranda Lambert song featuring Carrie Underwood. But then, suddenly my hands wrap in another, heat radiating through my skin as Eric squeezes slightly. At this interaction my eyes shoot to his, but his are locked on our intertwined hands, I pull them apart. "Stop it, it's... Just stop okay?"

"Ads, please don't do this right now. You haven't talked to me since I got out the shower. Ariel doesn't exist on this trip remember?" He frowns, eyes pleading as he does. "Neither does Ryan. Just me, you, Aiden, and unborn baby no name."

"Unborn baby GIRL no name. Let's not ignore the sex of our baby Mr. Moon, it's rude and she's right here." I correct placing a hand between Aiden and I on my belly. 

"I apologize sweetheart, no, sweethearts." He chuckles softly, reaching out to tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "I promised you I'd be the best mate I can on this trip Adalaid, not because I feel like I have to, but because it's what you've always deserved and what I want. When I promised you that I meant it baby girl, I still mean it."

My heart flutters at the pet name before I speak. "So we get pet names? Do we get to make up a whole new identity too?" I joke but Eric shrugs at it, saying if I wanted to then yes. But I don't. I want to be us only, with a clean state. "Fine... Baby. Just us." I wrap my hand back into his.

"I want you to promise it to me." The words come out a bit uncertain. "I want you to promise me we can try this without stressing over what the outcome will be of it. Adalaid I just want you to have at least some good memories of me, of us, as a family. 'Cause I know most of 'em are shit."

"I promise Eric, I promise." I lift my pinkie on the opposite hand and wrapped it into his before resting my head on his shoulder, hands still intertwined as I drift off to sleep. Aiden laying peacefully between Eric and I, sleeping as well. And as the promise floats in the air, I forget the fact that he hadn't waited for me and make a silent promise to myself.

If I only have him for two weeks, I'll make them as memorable as I can.

~**~
Author's Note:NEED BABY GIRL NAMES GUYS!!! I need names for the baby girl on the way guys, so if you can think of any please leave them below. I'm trying to narrow it down a bit and then I'll have a vote and the winner with the best name gets a chapter dedicated to them. I will update again soon though, or try to, but I need AT LEAST 5 NAMES for the next chapter guys. Please help if you can guys, and even UNISEX names are WELCOME. So until next time..

~Heaven Moore (halohebby)