Chapter 30: Open, Close.

[Not Edited.]

"Eric, I'm not all that good with surprises." I sighed, my grip tightening over Eric's forearm as he lead me to who knows where. I could smell that I had to at least be somewhat close to the forest, but due to the pregnancy, my senses were a bit compromised. As Eric instructed me to be careful because there was a miniature staircase coming up, I felt more then nervous. I felt afraid. I knew Eric wouldn't ever do anything to physically harm and/or put me endanger, especially not pregnant, but that didn't help calm me down. I mean, honestly. A teenage Alpha to be with a blindfolded pregnant Luna an a toddler son did seem like easy targets. An in my condition I wouldn't be much help if we were to ambushed. "Eric, I'm getting paranoid, can I please take this off? Please?"

"Not yet love, don't worry so much okay? We're fine. I assure you of that." The last sentence came out a whisper as he brushed his thumb over my bottom lip, and like magic, I could feel my nerves calming down. He pulled my hand from his forearm and tangled his finger into mine as he lead me a bit further. "We're almost there, promise." He chuckled, my grip tightening around his. I felt warmth rubbing onto my skin as Eric came to an abrupt stop, his fingers quickly undoing the knotted bandana. "There."

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust back to the light, but when they did, they widened at least twice their normal size. We were on top of a hill that over looked the city, the sun setting over the Hollywood sign in the distance and the lights of cars glittering down below. I turned to face Eric, but he wasn't looking at me. He'd locked his eyes to the green grass as Aiden stood next to him doing the same. I couldn't help but giggle at my little man trying so hard to be like his daddy. At the sound of my laugh I notice Eric flinch before clearing his throat, regaining control of his voice.

"I know you don't really love surprises, and I'm honestly not too good at them. But I use to come here when I was younger, with my dad and my mom, ya know, before he hated me. I..." His voice faded and he brought his eyes up to meet with mine, warmth sliding up my spine and pouring into my cheeks as the bond seemed to kick into overdrive. "I just wanted you and Aiden to see it. I know it's not much to see-"

"I love it, I... I really love it Eric. I shouldn't have doubted you in the first place, it's beautiful." I turned to peek at the Hollywood sign once more before giving my attention back to the one who'd brought me here. "I didn't know you use to live out here. Why didn't you ever mention it?" He released a sigh before falling down onto the grass and pulling me down onto his lap, Aiden laughing and playing with the fire flies that had just started to come out. We were positioned so we were facing the city below us, I could feel Eric's heart beating against my chest as he searched for the words to say.

"We lived here before my Uncle died. I was about 10. The phone call came late at night and we had to pack everything up in a matter of two days. My Uncle was the original Alpha, but when he died, it became my father's place." He explained, his hand drawing lazy circles into my jeans. "My Uncle did have any kids, so for those two days his wife took over, when we got there... I'd never had any training before that and Alpha usually start getting training as babies."

"Yeah, I had my first Alpha lesson at 6. Dad made me fight boys so I could learn how to handle a punch."

"Precisely. So by 10 normal Alpha kids would already know how to throw and take a punch, run faster then almost all their pack, duck- The basics. I didn't even know how to run a mile without getting exhausted and dizzy. Dad hadn't trained me, he hadn't thought he'd need to since I wasn't supposed to be future Alpha." I turned to face him completely. "It was embarrassing. For both of us. He started training immediately, and that consisted of a lot of yelling and him hitting me harder then my mom thought was necessary. An in between training me he had a whole pack to deal with, one he wasn't exactly use to dealing with might I add, and my mom and him were in a bad place."