Chapter 19: The Move (Aug.)

Shade finally got the email from Sun Valley confirming that their lease had been approved and that a whole year's worth of rent was paid in advance by an 'anonymous' individual who Shade already knew was Aleksei. He didn't tell Noah about the rent being paid a year in advance by his father seeing as a month ago they basically showed up to traumatize him.

Aleksei tried numerous times to get in touch with Shade after what happened. Tatianna cut Shade off socially which didn't really hurt him. She still transferred money into his untouched trust fund every month meaning she had no plans of completely letting him go. Noah and Shade didn't talk about Aleksei and Tatianna's visit nor did they tell Scott and Sheila about it. Damien and Adrian pretended the day never happened for Noah's sake but they saw the pain Tatianna's words did to him. He was less cheerful for a while after their visit. Tatianna saw him as a whore who was beneath her and her family. She hated Noah. And he knew that she hated the child he carried even if it was Shade's child.

Damien and Scott helped Shade and Noah move boxes back and forth from Noah's house to his Sun Valley apartment which was roughly 35 minutes from home. Shade said it wasn't necessary to move Noah's furniture since they had picked out some furniture for the apartment and they were to be delivered the following day.

Noah was five weeks from his due date. Shade was going to start classes in about a week at Stonewell. Shade was gone for about a week due to orientation at Stonewell which required him to stay on campus for five days while they toured the school and explained all their benefits, degree programs and free services like the on campus daycare that was free for students with children and run by the Elementary Education department.

Noah's new apartment was spacious. The apartment was very white with wooden accents like the lights, doors, and kitchen area. Upon entering the apartment the first door on the left was a closet and the door across from that led to the laundry room, the door next to the laundry room was to a small bathroom. Then the hall opened up into the large living space to the right which had large windows that overlooked the lake. There was a long island to the left used to separate the living room and open kitchen. And on the furthest wall parallel to the front door was two doors, both leading to two master sized bedrooms complete with walk-in closets and en suite bathrooms that was accessible through either of the rooms similar to how Adrian and Noah's bathroom was.

Moving Noah's belongings into the apartment took less than a day. Shade moved his stuff the day before Noah. Since the furniture wouldn't arrive until the following day they slept at Noah's home.

The movers brought in the new king sized bed and mattress Shade and Noah picked out; along with the couches that would be placed in a 'L' shape, then the living room table, a bookcase, fluffy rugs, and a dresser. They also purchased furniture for the baby like a cute baby crib that resembled a throne and the matching furniture that came along with it.

Shade spent most of the day helping the movers assemble the furniture seeing as Noah couldn't really do much. Sheila bought the boys groceries and picture frames that had photos of them at graduation, their first date, the graduation party and the ultrasound photo of when the baby was just a little jelly bean. Scott helped unpack the boxes with Adrian who was holding back tears knowing that Noah was officially out of the house. Noah kept comforting him every now and then saying he could sleep over whenever he wanted too and Noah would drive him to school in the mornings if he stayed on a week day.

Clare and Ivan even stopped by to see the new apartment. Ivan brought wine which he later regretted since Noah couldn't drink it and the boys were under 21. But he let them keep the bottle anyway, telling them to drink responsibly. Clare brought a giant pink bunny for the baby and matching his and his forest green robes.

After a week the apartment was fully set up. They had internet, Wi-Fi, cable and a huge flat screen tv that Shade basically stole from his parents' house. The living area was still mostly empty but that was mostly because there was so much space and they weren't really sure what to fill that space with. The kitchen was personalized with a blender, toaster and boxes of cereal. The kitchen already came with an installed microware so they saved money on that. The cup boards had plates, cups, and baby bottles. The closet near the front door has blankets and extra towels. The baby's room was set up with a crib, dresser, changing table, rocking chair, fluffy rug and lots of toys and plushies including the giant bunny. The walk-in closet for the baby's room was full of little outfits and shoes and hats. And finally, Noah and Shade's room was pretty plain in their opinion. They had their very comfortable modern bed, their dresser which had all the photos up on them, they also had a fluffy rug, there was a small computer desk and that was it. Noah planned to buy plants so the apartment didn't look so barren and void of life. They were finally moved in.

Shade started his classes at Stonewell University, which was a 35 minute drive from Sun Valley. He had classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. They were basic general education classes like ENC 1101 and History so the work was pretty light weight for now. Shade still worked at the men's fashion warehouse but he was part time not full time like in the summer.

Adrian started school at Westwood and Damien stayed true to his word and keeps an eye on Adrian for Noah. Adrian is the only freshman in Damien's friend group which were all seniors now. Damien would drive Adrian to visit Noah after school to keep Noah company while he was home and Noah would drive Adrian home since Damien was usually busy after school. Noah had spent so much time alone he picked up knitting but since he wasn't so good the only thing he has been knitting has been long scarves. But Noah was at peace and was happily pregnant and excited for his baby to come.