Chapter 14: Why Shade? (April)

It was finally April and graduation was one month and a couple weeks away, though Noah had stopped caring about that.

Noah was starting to very obviously show, Dr. Leroy told him that would happen since Carrier pregnancies were shorter than the average pregnancy. He had a little tummy and many assumed he was getting a little chubbier which granted he was since he also ate more than usual.

His last checkup with Dr. Leroy was a week ago, she told him he was 7 weeks along, out of the danger zone for a miscarriage and able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Shade seemed to grow more and more excited after every appointment even though he always cried during them. It was obvious he was in love with the little life growing inside Noah.

Since a Carrier's gestation rate was faster than average Dr. Leroy said they could find out the gender of the baby sooner, which Noah and Shade both decided not to do. Even though it was very cliché of them they wanted to be surprised when Noah's little jelly bean was born.

Apparently, Noah wasn't the only pregnant Carrier at Westwood High. The rumors that were circulating a month ago before spring break wasn't about Noah. It was actually about a freshman boy named Oliver who looked to be around 4 weeks ahead of Noah since there was another rumor saying his baby would be born before the next school year.

Noah had seen Oliver from time to time with a group of girls who basically acted like the boy's personal bodyguards. Oliver was a little shorter than Noah with skin as white as snow and straight black hair with blonde highlights that was cut in a cute bowl style. He had freckles and brown eyes. He looked like a freshman, there was no mistaking that.

Shade and Noah somewhat came out to Westwood High after spring break. They hung out more publicly and Shade would, much to Noah's chagrin, attempt PDA which had Damien and the others either laughing or cringing. Melissa completely cut Noah off and started hanging out with another group of friends but Melissa was replaced by Shade's friend May who seemed to have caught Nico's eye. Nico still kept his distance from Noah but still supported him nonetheless.

May was a cute Asian girl with long straight hair and eyes almost as black as Noah's. She was actually taller than Nico which meant she was taller than Noah, the height difference doesn't stop Nico from shooting his shot whenever possible even if it keeps missing.

Damien and Shade were now frenemies which was a happy compromise for the whole group since the pale boy stuck to Noah like glue whenever he had the chance. Damien nicknamed him 'Papa bear' because of constant hovering. Demarcus was still the same Demarcus, though there was a weird air between him and Damien that Noah noticed since after spring break.

Most days were peaceful and some days were complete hell as Noah would sometimes have mood swings and cry about getting fat while stuffing his face with heaps of junk food or he was always super horny and constantly wanted sex anywhere at any time. Noah and Shade have had sex on campus during lunch before and the boy never seemed satisfied.

During lunch they were sitting together chatting away about a new movie that was coming out the next week and how they all should go out and see it together. Nico was very excited about the movie and said he and May should go see it together without the group to which she swiftly declined. Demarcus said something about Nico being a masochist since he loved getting rejected by May.

The lunch period was going by smoothly when Melissa suddenly appeared at the table. Everyone fell silent as she stood at the end of the table.

"Hey guys," she said in her always bubbly tone before turning to Noah, "can I talk to you in private?" she asked.

Everyone looked a bit uncomfortable with Melissa's sudden reappearance after she quickly replaced them all without warning the night Noah and Shade came out as a couple who thought they were expecting.

What They Never Told Him (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें