Chapter 15: She Was Obsessed (April)

News of Melissa's breakdown and attempted murder of Noah spread like wildfire through not only Westwood High but the entire Westwood community. Everyone was shocked that sweet Melissa would try harming someone. The day of the incident Noah was taken to the hospital and considered critical when paramedics discovered he was pregnant and Melissa was woken up by police and handcuffed on the spot before she was walked out of Westwood High being read her Miranda rights.

The whole ordeal exposed Noah's pregnancy and put Noah and Shade at the forefront of Westwood's gossip. There have been various mixed opinions regarding Noah's pregnancy; some thought it was gross, some didn't really care and others questioned Sheila and Scott's parenting.

The blade that was removed from Noah's forearm was mere millimeters from hitting his brachial artery which could have resulted in him bleeding out. The doctors said he was lucky the blade didn't hit any serious arteries considering how long the blade was.

After the stabbing, Melissa's home and room were all raided, her phone, laptop, anything electronic that could store data was removed and being processed.

What the police found was incredibly disturbing.

Melissa had a hidden external hard drive in her room with thousands of photos of Shade. The photos dated back as far as middle school and were as recent as the week before she confronted Noah. There were photos of Noah and Shade together but Noah's face was cut out or scratched out.

She even had photos of Shade in his home that looked to be taken from somewhere in Damien's home and photos of the night Noah and Shade were together at Victoria's pool party.

She documented her obsession since middle school. She wrote about how Shade was cool and she wished she had the courage to talk to him.

Innocent childhood crush drivel.

Then there was an entry from the night of Victoria's party. She wrote about how Victoria's party was going to be the night she'd work up the courage to speak to Shade should he show up, but Noah beat her to the punch. She wrote that the room Shade was in at Victoria's party was visible from the backyard if someone walked past the pool near the lounge chairs that lined the brushes. The window in that room was large so seeing who was inside was easy and she wrote about how she was upset seeing Noah and Shade just sitting and talking but it was harmless.

She thought nothing of it and went back to enjoy the party, then later on in the night she decided to go check to see if Noah had finally left Shade or if Noah was alone so she could go search for Shade, but Shade and Noah were doing something other than talking.

The entries stopped for a little bit before resuming the night Shade and Noah came out to them. She wrote how she couldn't believe Noah had the audacity to jump into a relationship with someone after a one-night stand and she was livid that person was Shade. She was way past infatuated, she was obsessed.

The entries went on and on about how upset she was with Noah and how she couldn't stand being around him and how she needed to find a way to get rid of him.

The police showed both Noah and Shade the evidence since it would be necessary if they wanted to not only press charges but file for a restraining order. However, they were told that whether Noah wanted to press charges on Melissa for stabbing him or not Westwood was still pressing charges against her for the attempt on his life. They basically said he could cooperate and help bring Melissa to jail or watch her get hauled off to jail after the city throws the book at her. Regardless, she would be behind bars.

Noah and his baby were fine. They monitored him a bit but when there were no signs of fetal distress occurring Noah was released. His parents, friends and Shade were all so relieved he was okay and that the baby was safe. Damien, Demarcus and the others visited Noah while he was home. The doctors directed Noah not to use his right arm for at least 5 weeks since the blade penetrated through so much tissue and nerves, they needed to make sure no permanent muscle damage would occur.

When Shade was questioned by police about how he knew Melissa he answered honestly and said he's never actually spoken to the girl.

He said he'd seen her at school and at parties but that's it. He knew of Melissa through some rumors he'd heard being spread when he was in middle school but other than that she was a complete and utter stranger to him. Knowing that he was the subject of her obsession made him feel a bit unsafe but he felt the need to push that aside for Noah's sake considering his unknown stalker targeted someone dear to him.

It had been 3 weeks since the incident and Noah was one third of the way through his pregnancy. He was showing very obviously and the students at Westwood seemed to think he was made of glass. He was pregnant and a little while ago he was stabbed in the arm by someone he considered a friend, many felt sympathy for him.

Ever since the incident Shade had been on high alert around Noah. After Noah had fainted in his arms and he couldn't help him, the boy blamed himself for not stopping Noah when he had the chance.

He wanted to give Melissa the benefit of the doubt since she used to be Noah's friend and it pained him to know that his decision could have cost Noah and their unborn baby's lives.

It was the end of April, all the seniors of Westwood were buzzing with excitement about receiving college acceptance letters or military acceptance letters. Nico got into his top three university choices which seemed to shock everyone in the group. May was planning on taking a year off before applying for college since school drained her. Shade only applied to one university, it was a prestigious university just outside of Westwood called Stonewell University, it was a difficult university to get into and everyone including Noah was surprised that he got accepted especially since he didn't even have a backup school in mind.

Noah on the other hand was going to attend Lakeside community college. Noah did get accepted into a couple different universities but they were all universities he planned on possibly attending had he stayed in his hometown. Now since he no longer lived there he would have to pay out-of-state tuition which he couldn't afford and he missed the deadlines for applications for Westwood which closed three months before he even moved.

Noah didn't mind attending a community college. It was closer to home and he would be attending in the spring since Dr. Leroy had an official due date of September 16th. It was a couple weeks into the fall semester but Noah wanted to be able to be with his baby for a bit after he or she was born before going back to school so skipping the fall semester was better for him. Shade agreed with Noah's choice since he was accepted into Stonewell's fall semester, he would just have to schedule his classes in a way for him to be able to spend time with Noah and the baby while still attending school at the same time.

Graduation was just around the corner and Noah, Shade, May and Nico were all excited to be graduating. Noah and Shade bought their cap and gowns to which Noah complained that his baby bump was slightly visible if he turned to the side. Shade thought it was cute that Noah was showing more and more as the weeks went by. He enjoyed the shopping trips to the mall but he was getting a little annoyed that even with all the shopping Noah kept 'forgetting' to return his sweaters. Damien, Demarcus and Ivy said they needed to recruit new friends now that over half of the group was leaving and becoming adults. Something the four seniors' thought was amusing since their juniors were acting like they weren't ever going to see each other again.

Everything was finally going back to normal. Well as normal as could be.