Chapter 4: Guess What Happened (Feb.)

It was Saturday evening and Noah waited on his front porch for Damien to come pick him up for Victoria's party. He sent the address about an hour ago and Damien told him he was just leaving his house to get Demarcus then Noah since everyone else lived closer to Victoria than they did. Apparently, Damien and Demarcus lived in the same neighborhood and were childhood friends.

While waiting Noah was trying to find more information about Carriers and Seeds. He found it interesting how the government was trying to keep information about Carriers and Seeds under wraps.

Major media outlets didn't report on it, only indie ones. However, there were a couple government sites that had information about Carriers and Seeds but the information was more or less the same as the next.

Noah did however find a Facebook group called the Forbidden People which was a group of people who claimed to be either a Seed or Carrier. They wrote about how they found out what they were, how they felt and how they've been navigating the world with their newfound knowledge. There were a couple privately funded organizations that taught young Seeds and Carriers what they were and how it would affect their lives. People who were Carriers and Seeds went into hiding a long time ago to escape persecution and discrimination from normal people who didn't understand. Noah was shocked to read that 3 out of every 9 families worldwide most likely had a Seed or Carrier in their family tree.

The honking of a car horn broke Noah's focus from his phone. Damien waved his arm outside his sleek black Audi yelling at Noah to move it. Noah quickly made his way to the car, waving at Demarcus who sat in the passenger seat.

"All aboard the Damien Delight!" Damien said while Demarcus groaned in embarrassment.

Noah chuckled and they were off to pick up Nico and Melissa. Melissa was the third to be picked up. Unlike the boys who all seemed to be wearing plain t-shirts and swimming trucks Melissa wore a flowy white and pink strapless sundress and matching flip flops.

The last stop was Nico who literally left his house with only swimming trunks and sandals. On their way to Victoria's Damien informed everyone that he brought extra towels in his trunk and that no one under any circumstances was permitted to set foot in his car soaking wet.

When they arrived at the party it was already past 8:30 and the party seemed to already be getting wild.

Drunken teens littered the front lawn of the enormous house Victoria lived in. It was a good thing the mansion was up a winding road from the open entrance gate because the cops surely would have busted the place with the amount of people asleep on the grass or puking somewhere in the bushes.

Damien was told to park somewhere in the grass since parking in the driveway would make it difficult for people to leave. After finding an unoccupied patch of grass Damien parked and everyone exited the vehicle.

The walk to the front door took a while even though they were up the hill more than half way. When they got to the party the speakers were blaring rap music and a huge mass of wet bodies were grinding on each other in the living room to the right of the entrance.

Down the wide hall the doors that lead to the pool deck were visible and bikini-clad girls were sitting on the lounge chairs talking and drinking from red solo cups. Damien and Demarcus disappeared off into the house, Nico took a sharp left into the dinning room where beer pong was being played and Ivy showed up to whisk Melissa away leaving Noah alone.

Noah felt uncomfortable surrounded by strangers but the only people he knew were off doing whatever they do during parties.

Noah began making his way towards the dining room and realized it was connected to the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen, a red solo cup was shoved into his hand by a boy who was pouring cups of beer and whatever alcohol was being requested by those occupying the kitchen. Soon after getting his cup Noah left the kitchen back the way he came and into the living room. The music was blaring and he wasn't sure what to do other than take small sips of the bitter liquid in his cup and watch as girls twerked on guys and guys basically hump whatever girl stood in front of them.