Chapter 6: Safe (Feb.)

Noah woke up feeling warmth around him. He tiredly opened his eyes and was met with a pale chest. Suddenly awake he looked up to see the peaceful look on Shade's face as he slept with his arms wrapped about Noah's small body. The bed comforter was pulled over them and he didn't remember himself doing it so he figured Shade probably did it after he fell asleep.

Noah stared at the sleeping boy who held him, he gingerly touched Shade's lips recalling what happened the night before. How he got tipsy and caught Shade's attention. How they went upstairs and played truth or dare and how the game was thrown out the window and replaced with cuddling by two complete strangers. Then the cuddling went downhill and suddenly Shade was over Noah plowing into him while Noah seemed to have lost his mind from the amount of pleasure he was getting and then darkness. Noah didn't dream that night, he slept in peaceful silence. For some reason Noah felt strangely at peace with Shade.

"You know..." a deep voice mumbled, shaking Noah from his thoughts, "staring is rude."

Shade's gray eyes were soft as they looked at Noah who looked stunned like a kitten. Noah's finger was still on Shade's bottom lip. The pale boy stuck his tongue out before biting the finger. The sudden sound of vibrating startled Noah and made Shade chuckle at how jumpy he was being.

"I need to go home." Noah mumbled trying to sit up but was held down by Shade's strong arms.

Shade pulled Noah closer to him before letting him go and sitting up himself.

"We should probably shower before we go." Shade said absentmindedly.

"We?" Noah questioned, "what we?"

"Us, we." Shade deadpanned sliding out of bed. "It's cool Victoria won't mind, we should probably toss the sheets in the laundry room though."

"What are we exactly?" Noah asked, suddenly unsure of whether to feel like a cheap one-night stand or something else.

Shade shrugged and collected their clothes that were scattered about the floor.

"I don't want to be friends with benefits or something like that." Noah said quickly.

"I don't do 'friends with benefits' anyways." Shade said cryptically. "Plus it would be more like 'strangers with benefits'." he added.

Noah didn't know what to say, so he stayed quiet as he thought about the situation. He slept with someone who interested him but aside from that he didn't really know Shade.

Shade helped Noah to the shower and the two showered together much to Noah dismay. The whole time Noah was blushing like mad as he felt Shade's come slide down between his thighs. Something Shade noticed and said nothing about to not embarrass Noah more than he already felt. Also, while showering Shade couldn't help but smile triumphantly at the bruises that sprinkled Noah's neck and chest. He would definitely have to wear a turtleneck to avoid questions, though the turtle neck would raise questions of their own considering it was spring and summer was coming soon.

The two removed the bed sheets and found the laundry room in Victoria's ridiculous house. The house wasn't too badly trashed on the inside. The outside however was a completely different story. Sleeping bodies were everywhere and the amount of red solo cups that littered the ground was honestly ungodly. If someone saw Victoria's yard from a distance they'd think she was growing a red spider lily field with the amount of red everywhere.

Noah followed Shade to his car and was shocked to see the shiny white Porsche he saw his first day of school a couple weeks ago. Noah didn't say anything and hid his shock when Shade told him to get into the high-end car. The inside was so sleek and nice, it even had the new car smell. Noah told Shade his address and Shade drove to his home, the ride was silent, Shade didn't bother playing music. Noah thanked Shade and was about to push the down open when the sound of the doors locking broke the silence.

"Let's date." Shade said, turning to Noah.

"Excuse me," Noah said, completely shocked, "I barely know you."

"Noah," Shade said rubbing his temple, "we literally fucked last night and showered together this morning, we are past this."

Noah opened his mouth then closed it before opening it again only to close it again.

"Look, it's not that crazy if we get together," Shade said, "people do it all the time, hell my neighbors met on tinder for a hook up and now they're married."

"I," Noah began, "let me think about it?"

"Sure." Shade agreed, "I'll give you my phone number."

Noah handed Shade his phone before hearing the car lock allowing him to get out. He thanked Shade again for driving him and headed towards the front door.

Noah prayed his parents would be asleep, he never told them he would stay the entire night out and return at 7 am. Noah tried to open the front door as quietly as possible and when he felt the coast was clear he made his way to the stairs but stopped dead in his tracks when someone cleared their throat.

Noah slowly turned to see his father sitting on the couch, closing the book he was reading and removing his glasses.

"You better have an excuse as to why you're sneaking into the house at 7 am when you said you were only going to hang out with a friend last night." Scott said.

"Well you see..." Noah began when his father suddenly furrowed his brows together and stood up quickly walking up to Noah.

Noah stood confused by his father's actions when he suddenly pulled the collar of Noah's shirt and his brows raised in surprise.

"What the hell happened to your neck?" Scott said in an angry tone.

"What?" Noah said quickly rushing to the bathroom, he turned on the lights and looked in the mirror seeing a huge bruise on the side of his neck. Shade's handy work was completely visible and on display for the world to see.

"What did you do last night?" Scott asked, "You came home with a different boy this morning."

"Are you spying on me?" Noah asked.

Scott scoffed at the accusation, "You're my son, at least I wasn't out of the porch with my bat telling your "buddy" to bring you back safely."

"I'm not a kid. I can handle myself." Noah said, covering his neck.

"Clearly." Scott sarcastically replied, "Noah listen, I'll love you no matter what, but you can't honestly think I'll believe that you went to hang out with a friend when you left with one boy and came back home with a different kid with bruises on your neck and you're sneaking around like you have something to hide."

"I just got hurt that's all." Noah said quickly. "Play fighting that went too far..."

Noah knew that his father knew what happened more or less. His father wasn't an idiot but he couldn't tell his father about Shade especially in an awkward situation like this. Scott could see the distress on his son's face and didn't press the matter any further. He sighed deeply pinching the bridge of his nose muttering something about teenage hormones and how he hoped Rose wouldn't grow up before leaving Noah downstairs.

Noah ran upstairs into his room. He paced back and forth trying to figure out what he was going to do regarding Shade and his neck situation. His phone vibrated, making him jump at the sudden sensation against his thigh.

Noah checked his phone and saw four missed calls from Damien, three from Ivy, a couple video calls from Nico and a call from Demarcus. The group chat was going wild all night from the looks of the messages asking where Noah was and if anyone saw him because Damien was leaving the party and needed to know if Noah was going to get a ride from someone else. There were a couple personal messages sent from Damien and Nico both mentioning Shade but Noah didn't read them.

He lied in bed letting his mind wander as everyone in the house seemed to be waking up staring with little Rose showing off how strong her lungs were. Noah began getting up to go check on the small child when he heard his father yell 'I got it' before flopping back in the bed.

His mind wandered straight to Shade and how he felt so warm wrapped in his arms. He felt safe for some reason. Without a second thought he took out his phone rolling his eyes when he saw Shade put a kissing face emoji next to his name. He quickly texted Shade before tossing the phone onto the bed.

Yes.