Chapter 11: Family Meeting (Mar.)

It was finally spring break and Shade was basically living at Noah's house. Sheila took whatever chance she could to have the boys babysit Rose while she went out with her new friends from a mothers club she joined a little while ago. Noah nor Shade minded since it would be good practice for when Noah had his baby.

Noah noticed how well Shade was with children. The intimidating boy was well liked by Adrian and Rose who always wanted him to carry her around. Noah even gets a little jealous when he'd be holding Rose and she'd reach for Shade the moment she sees him.

"Is this what it means to be 'whipped'?" Adrian asked Noah as they both watched how Rose would clutch onto Shade and just stare at him with a cute smile as he drooled all over his shoulder and he poke her nose earning a giggle from the infatuated baby.

"I wouldn't know." Noah said feeling neglected by Shade.

Adrian simply laughed at Noah's expression before heading out saying he was going to play soccer with Ivy's brother and some other neighborhood kids at a nearby park.

Melissa avoided Noah at school the days before spring break. She even left their group chat the night he told them he was pregnant. It was obvious she wasn't too happy with the situation. Nico also kept his distance from Noah, they would sometimes make eye contact in the halls and Nico would silently pass by or half heartedly say hi. Ivy kept trying to reassure Noah that he didn't have to worry but it was obvious they didn't want to be friends with the pregnant boy.

At Westwood there were rumors about a pregnant Carrier and everyone seemed shocked by the news. Many were disgusted saying it was gross a Carrier would willingly get pregnant by another man while some were just interested in meeting and seeing who the Carrier was and others had no idea what Carriers or Seeds even were.

Apparently, Westwood had a somewhat high number of people who claimed to be Carriers or Seeds hence why middle schoolers like Adrian and his friends knew about them. But even so it was obvious that the Westwood school systems didn't acknowledge those who claimed to be Carriers or Seeds since they still banned any information about them from the students. Most students who did know about Carriers or Seeds knew through friends or neighbors or just by seeing a pregnant man or over hearing a woman talk about getting pregnant by her girlfriend or wife.

Noah sat on his living room couch eating junk food and clicking through the channels while Shade was off being a pseudo-father to Rose upstairs. After a couple minutes alone Noah heard Shade coming down the stairs. Shade huffed a sigh at finally getting Rose to fall asleep, he looked over at an unamused Noah who deadpanned, "Having fun daddy?"

Shade smiled excited by the obvious jealousy Noah was displaying. Another part of him also twitched with excitement at being called 'daddy'. Shade went to Noah and took the tv remote from him turning the tv off. Before Noah could protest, Shade was already pushing Noah down onto the couch, his hand up Noah's shirt and an obvious bulge that he didn't even attempt to hide from the boy.

"Shade..." Noah whined as he felt his nipples being pinched and pulled at. He pushed Shade in the chest gently causing the tall boy to stop immediately. "Let's talk." Noah said, clearly in the mood for something that required less words and more action, but the determination in his eyes was enough to have Shade backing off uncomfortably wanting. So instead he had Noah sit in his lap while he hugged him from behind and they talked.

Noah and Shade sat for what felt like hours just talking to each other. They both learned about each other and their families.

Noah learned that Shade had three other siblings and he was the youngest one. Shade had a sister who was a Seed which is why he knew what Carriers and Seeds were, Shade had the Carrier gene but it was dormant. Shade's parents were wealthy and always on trips around the world so Shade was basically raised by his siblings.