Carrier & Seeds 101

Hello, I'm Professor M and welcome to Carriers/Seeds 101!

The prologue touches on the history of Carriers and Seeds but just in case my prologue explanation is hard to follow I've broken it down here before you read it. :)

Carrier(s): Men with the ability to get pregnant by other men but they cannot get women pregnant or get pregnant by other men with the dominant Carrier gene.

Seed(s): Women with the ability to get other women pregnant but they cannot get pregnant themselves or men.

Carriers and Seeds are genetically altered orphans from the "Forbidden Era" of Kepler's history. They were created as a solution for population growth after a great world war nearly wiped out the entire population.

The children of Carriers and Seeds all inherit the mutated gene however the gene is not always dominant. Meaning the child of a Carrier/Seed can have the gene and if it is recessive they are basically a regular human. If the gene is dominant then male Carriers can be impregnated by non-dominate males and dominant female Seeds can impregnate non-dominate females (assuming they swing that way). Dominate Carriers cannot impregnate other dominant Carriers, the same goes for Dominate Seeds. Their abilities would simply cancel each other out resulting in nothing. It has to be dominant and recessive to result in a pregnancy.

The Carrier and Seed genes can skip generations so a bloodline could have 1 dominant Seed/Carrier but only produce recessive Seeds/Carriers for 50+ years before another dominant Seed/Carrier is born again. Since the gene was originally a mutation it is unpredictable.

Seeds and Carriers were considered saviors of Kepler early on but were then considered inhuman and were forced into hiding. In present day Kepler, many are trying to reintroduce Seeds and Carriers to the public to educate those who could potentially have the gene (especially the dominant gene) on ways to better protect themselves and give them the tools necessary to make the most educated decisions possible as this gene can affect their future.

Being a dominant Seed or Carrier mostly affects the LGBTQ+ community since it requires a same sex relationship that could result in an unwanted/unexpected pregnancy when unprotected sex occurs.

Just because someone is a Seed or Carrier does not mean they are part of the LGBTQ+ community. They are regular people who happen to have a dominant and/or recessive Carrier/Seed gene. That just means that if a straight man or woman has a dominant Carrier/Seed gene they would have to opt for adoption since they are genetically barren/impotent. (Think of it as an equivalent exchange; it's an unfortunate flaw due to playing God.)

The Carrier/Seed gene does not follow the regular punnett square rule since it is a genetic mutation brought about by human experimentation therefore a person could be born with the dominant gene if one parent has the gene regardless if that parent has a dominant or recessive gene.

Being a dominant Carrier/Seed is rare as most people have the recessive gene.

For Carriers specifically they typically birth "preemies". Carriers can not physically carry a child to full turn the way women can. So around the 30 week mark is when they usually go into labor which is medically considered premature. However the babies a Carrier have usually grow slightly faster than a regular baby so medically the infant is premature but in actuality they are closer to full term. Also because of this time discrepancy, pregnancy symptoms that usually show up around the 4th week of pregnancy for women will show up around 2 weeks for carriers. Same for conception; it occurs slightly earlier.

Being a Carrier/Seed is not as stigmatized anymore but very little is still known since the information about them were erased/removed from Kepler's history leaving those in the present day with a broken paintbrush and torn canvas.

To summarize: Carrier/Seeds with the dominant gene (whether hetero or homo) fall under the definitions above and are subjected to its flaws. Carrier/Seeds with the recessive gene (whether hetero or homo) are regular people.

Anyways thanks for coming to my Ted Talk and I hope this clarified some things.