Beautiful dark eyes fill her world, making everything else around her colorless. "Itachi." She breathes in a hushed voice.

He can't hold back the faint smile of relief from splitting his face in half. The great Uchiha knows how to show emotions, though it doesn't surprise her at all. Never had she thought Itachi the soulless killer everyone assumed him to be. "Are you okay?"

The tenderness in his voice makes her breath hitch and her heart to stop beating before picking back up in a frantic pulse. Hiding the pink staining her cheeks, Korosu attempts to burry her face in the sheets still covering her body. Itachi, noticing her attempt, stops her by placing a finger under her chin and facing her towards him.

"I'm fine, honestly." She smiles weakly.

Itachi scowls, frustration darkening his features. Her damn stubbornness is her one fault, but even with her stubbornness he finds himself falling for her deeper. "Will you tell me if it happens again?"

Surprise doesn't flicker across her eyes, instead warm amusement brightens her crimson orbs. "I promise."

Keeping promises already, my sweet Korosu?

Korosu flinches, her hands retracting from Itachi's and grabbing at her head. The voice sends shivers down her spine, the lilt velvety rich and compelling and intoxicating. Fear shoots through her veins. She doesn't have to know the owner of the voice, she already knew.

Itachi hisses. Pain etches into Korosu's pale features, her beautiful red eyes clouding with immense torture. Her frail body shakes horribly against his, causing him to hold her more tightly against his chest. He doesn't know how to help her. Useless. Korosu needs him and all he's good for is a leaning post and support.

"Korosu?" Itachi whispers. "What's wrong? Tell me what to do to help."

Her brilliant red eyes open. Fear is bright in their red depths, consuming her and drowning her soul. "He ... he's in my head, Itachi."

Itachi shakes his head, trying to understand. Korosu sucks in a sharp breath, convulsing in his arms, her limbs jerking wildly. If she's thinking about her appearance, embarrassment would have shamed her into silence, but Itachi doesn't comment. Instead, he holds her gently but firmly in his arms, trying to ease some of the pain destroying her body.

You can't escape me, my dear.

Like hell I can't! Korosu hisses venomously.

There is still time.

She still has time.

Red eyes—much like her very own—bore into hers with a fierce intensity, striking her soul. Darkness hides his face, revealing nothing to her. That doesn't matter. Korosu knows who it is.

Sneering, she taunts him. Won't show your face but you still taunt me? Coward.

Amusement lights his red eyes, a mocking smile gracing his lips. Have it your way, my dear.

She sucks in a breath, awed and disgusted by the man now standing before her. He can't be more than a few years older than her. His features smoothed over in a cold mask, full lips twisting into a crooked smirk. Red curls tumble leisurely around his shoulders, a contrast to the thick dark lashes framing his crimson eyes. Her heart freezes from the sight of him: the man plaguing her nightmares and constant thoughts, the man who ruined her life from the day she was born, the man who forces her to be the way she is. The man who made her who she is.

He approaches her, his steps steady and determined. He reaches her, his eyes never leaving hers, almost daring her to turn and run away. Korosu doesn't move, her knees tremble, but otherwise she gives no other indication of fear. Then, reaching her, the Devil caresses her cheek, fingers gently stroking her smooth features. His lips lost the mocking smirk, a serene smile making his sharp features soften and become almost human. She feels fear, yes, but she also doesn't move away.