Plans

*YOUR POV*

Alice pulled away, her eyes looking into my own. She seemed to be searching for something, but quickly recoiled from me and dropped her gaze to the ground. "I'm sorry," she said. "I got caught up in the moment and-" I leaned in, softly brushing my hand over her cheek, and kissing her again. I felt her relax as our lips touched, until I pulled back.

"Alice, it's ok. I feel the same. I really like you. And up until I saw you standing in front of me, I always thought it would only be a fantasy crush. Unattainable, but desired, like celebrity crushes. But you're real, and here, and you apparently like me too. So, for however long this lasts, I'll take it." Alice looked up at me, shock evident on her face.

"But... Don't you have to get out of here and back to where you live? Obviously you don't live in the factory like the rest of us do, otherwise I would've seen you before." I smiled sadly. I had forgotten about leaving this place.

"You're right. I don't live in the factory. But you do. And from what you've told me, the Ink Demon is an unwelcome presence. So, before I do anything else, I'm going to help you get back to Boris- err, Tom. And we're going to get rid of that Ink Demon. Together. I'm not leaving you to deal with him alone." Alice looked into my eyes, a hopeful expression on her face.

"You really mean it?" I nodded, taking one of her hands and lacing my fingers through her own.

"Of course. I don't know how we both got to this point, but I've developed real feelings for you. And I care about you too much to just leave, especially now with the Ink Demon as a factor. So let's get back to Tom and work from there." Alice nodded as I thought about what I'd said, shocked to find that I meant all of it. But what was even more shocking was that I wasn't sure if I even wanted to leave anymore.