Mood Swings

*YOUR POV*

I gently pushed open the door on the other side of the platform, revealing a dismal corridor. I sighed, noting the ink trails and realizing that if I wanted to find Boris, I'd have to follow them. I made it about three steps into the corridor before my vision flashed red, like earlier, and suddenly inky hands protruded from the walls, reaching for me. I screamed and dropped into a crouch, out of their reach. I slowly inched forward and the hands vanished. I sighed, breathing heavily still, and reluctantly stood. I rushed through the corridor and made it into a room with a staircase going all the way up. Alice's voice came from above. "I see you there, darling." Darling? The term of endearment threw me off, but I began cautiously ascending the stairs. The voice continued, speaking to me almost sweetly. "Your angel is always watching. What is it that keeps you going?" I glanced at a nearby poster of Alice, marveling at her beauty.

"It's how pretty you are," I mumbled, not expecting Alice to hear. But of course, she did, and chuckled at my statement.

"How pretty I am? Is that so?" I sighed. No point trying to hide it now.

"Yeah. That's what keeps me going. The knowledge that once I find you, I'll ask you out on a proper date and we can get to know each other beyond the ink." Alice was quiet for a long while, causing me to worry and pick up my pace on the stairs.

"That sounds... Nice..." I smiled, blush creeping onto my cheeks as I thought about a date with Alice. But I was jolted out of my thoughts by a bloodcurdling scream that ripped through the workshop. "NO! I WILL NEVER SUCCUMB TO YOUR CHARMS! NEVER!!!" Then everything was silent. I waited for Alice to speak, but the silence only grew thicker. I panicked, worried for Boris, and raced up the stairs, afraid of what I would-or wouldn't-find.