Chapter 1 [Edited]

A/N

Since this story is put into the Wattys, I've decided to go through every chapter and edit it. So this means I'm rewriting almost everything so it makes more sense and actually connects to everything else in the story. There won't be drastic changes but there will be some. Anyway, if you're a new reader I hope you enjoy!!! xx.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. My ringtone was quite annoying, a bunch of people just yelling out to pick up my phone. Come to think of it, I have no idea why the hell I chose this ringtone. I answered the phone and checked the time before I answered it. It was 9:30

‘Hello? Clara?’ Someone on the other line answered.

‘Hello?’ I asked back.

‘Clara, it’s me.’ and I recognised the voice. It was Kellie, my agent.

‘Oh, hey, Kel.’ I answered.

‘I have good news. They need another girl for a music video and they want you.’ I smiled at this.

‘Oh, that’s great! When is it?’

‘It starts today at 12. It’s down at Malibu Beach.’ 

‘Okay, thanks, Kellie.’

‘You’re welcome, Clara. Bye now.’

‘Bye.’ I hung up the phone.

‘LEXI! I’VE GOT A VIDEO TODAY, ARE YOU COMING!?’ I yelled through the bedroom walls of the apartment.

‘YEAH, I’LL COME. DO YOU KNOW WHO’S IT IS, ROSE!?’ She yelled back. 

‘I DON’T KNOW, BUT IT’S A MUSIC VIDEO!’ I told her and she didn’t say anything back.

Okay, my name is Clara-Rose but people who I've known for years call me Rose instead of Clara. I like Clara and all but it seems so sophisticated. I’m 17 and I just graduated out of high school. I’m sort of a model and actress, I guess. I get paid quite a lot for a 17 year old and it pays for my third of the bills. Lexi's parents pay for the rest because they're quite wealthy (and they pity me, sadly).

I ran to the bathroom and took a shower. I got out 10 minutes later and got ready. I wore a sun dress since it’s pretty hot outside. Lexi came out of her room at exactly the same time. She wore blue shorts and a ‘high heel high hope’ white singlet.

‘Let’s go.’ I said and I grabbed my keys and walked to the car. I hopped into my Suzuki swift and waited for Lexi to get in.

We didn’t live too far from Malibu beach so it didn’t take that long to get there. We tried guessing who the video is for but there were so many celebrities it could be for so we just gave up. As soon as I parked the car, I looked for the director who just so happens to be at the front.

‘Hi, my name is Clara-Rose Flemming.’ I say to the woman. She had red hair pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing all black.

‘Oh, Clara. You’re one of the girls for the video. I’m Lauren.' We shook hands. 'Okay, just go down to hair and makeup, tell them your name and they’ll do whatever they plan on doing.’ I just nodded my head and gestured for Lexi to come to me.

‘Um, is it okay for my friend to watch? I sort of promised to spend time with her today but I got called to here.’ I gestured towards Lexi. Normally I wasn't allowed to bring people on any set but with the right lies and excuses, they permit it.