How It Happened

"Well..." I started.

I told them everything that had happened with Madison and I.

They were surprised at the thought that I probably could of killed her.

"Damn Vi, remember me to never get you in a pissy mode okay?" Austin chuckled. I tried to laugh. Austin always knew how to make me feel better.

"Well, we gotta go check if she's still there," Veronica said.

"Please don't make me go," I begged. I couldn't feel any guiltier. I had pushed her and she died.

"Okay, we'll go and you can stay here with ashley okay?" Veronica said.

"Okay, thank you." I replied.

They left and came back after a short while.

"So, what happened, is she.... Dead?" I forced the words to come out.

"She's not there." They said, concerned.

"What do you mean she's not there. I left her there." I over reacted.

"See for yourself" Veronica said and guided me back to the fields.

It was true she wasn't there. Could she be alive? Or did someone take her?

What did this mean? I was so confused.

Then the bell rang.

"Okay dismissal, everybody get out of here!" The supervisor said.

So we did. I got in my car, and headed home. I didn't want to know anything, I was already guilty and knowing that made me ache. Madison was my best friend. I loved her. But she could be bitchy sometimes. I wouldn't be able to tell the guys what had really happened between Madison and I.

••••

"So how are things with Omar?" I asked her.

"They're going good! Omg, he's right there, go talk to him for me." She said.

"No, you're the one that's hooking up with him, I'm not gonna talk to him and make him think that I'm the one that likes him instead of you." I pointed out.

"True, then why does Mary do that ?" She asked as we spotted Mary walking to Omar.