Chapter 16

We started walking out of the room and into the deserted halls of the institution.

"So, you're the girl that went missing?" He asked.

"Huh?" I asked dumbfounded.

"You're in milk cartons," he said.

I wonder how people from here know it's me, in that picture I'm wearing make up and what not, and right now I'm not wearing make up, and I'm wearing a white striped uniform, like how can you notice me?

I just nodded and kept walking. All my mind was on S. And how she mentioned an Ashley, could it be my Ashley? I remember her being really hurt after hooking up with a guy, and not working it out, I don't remember his name though, if only I could.

I wanted to ask Kyle who she was, but I couldn't, he needed his privacy. And maybe he didn't kill S, maybe he was the reason she died, but I don't believe he killed her.

We kept walking around and the silence was unbearable. I wanted to scream and run, but I couldn't. I was frozen, I tried to say something to make conversation, but nothing came out.

"You found out," he finally said, sighing.

"What?" I asked completely lost.

"About her,"

It all clicked. Her. He was talking about S.

"Who?" I lied.

"S," he sighed.

I but my lip nervously, should I say that I do?

"I- I don't know what you're talking about," I lied and looked away.

"The drawing in your hand," he just sighed.

I sighed in defeat.

"What about it?"

"Stop trying to pull it off. I saw what it was, I just wanted to see if you would tell me," he confessed.

"Did you really, did you really kill her?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.

"Emotionally, but not physically," he explained. I was too confused.

"But someone else just got her worse," he looked away guiltily. "They played with her even worse than I did," he sighed.

"Who?"

"I promised I'd never tell," he clenched his eyes shut.

"But I think you should know who she is," he said. "Her name is Serena," he smiled at the memory of her. "She came in here shortly after I had been brought here," he looked away and walked towards a door.

I followed silently, and bit my lip nervously.

"We were room neighbors, her room was right in front of mine,"

"And we would secretly stalk each other, until one day I got the guts to talk to her," he sighed. "I liked her, I liked her since I first saw her, she was nice and considerate, she was broken but it was nothing major, we're all broken here," he sighed.

I looked away, was I broken? Did I look broken? Nobody at school ever noticed me sad, except for my really close friends which were just Violet and Veronica.

"I started catching feelings for her, and I liked her more than just a friend," he clenched his fists. "She liked me too, and I did what I did best," he inhaled some air "I ran away from her, and went with every other girl, flirting with them in front of her, hugging them in front of her," he sighed. "God, was I stupid to do that, I realized it though, I came back to her and she accepted me with open arms, I was thankful for that. We would talk everyday, and I did what I thought was best, I asked her to be my girlfriend, and she said yes. But I went back to flirting with other girls in front of her, and what not. She got tired of it, and she said she needed time, I just let her get some time because I knew she needed it," he sat in the floor, his eyes shut.

"We stopped talking for a month, we never ever looked at each other, we were back at square one, and we never moved from there. Until one day, they moved her to a room away from mine, she was no longer to be seen anywhere, I could never find her. And this other girl occupied her room, she came in two months after they had moved Serena." He smiled at the memory of her. "It was like Serena had been reincarnated in Ashley," he sighed in defeat. "I started liking Ashley, but Ashley wanted to be friends with Serena. And Serena told her about what happened between us. She hated me for hurting Serena, but she confessed that she liked me." He looked down at the floor. "So I asked her to be my girlfriend, and she said she'd hate herself if Serena ever found out, and she said yes, so we would date secretly, Serena shortly found out, and she came and talked to me," he sighed and I just stood there quietly, letting him explain the story.

"She yelled at me for being such a heartless person, she repeated it so much I got tired of hearing her and kissed her, but as soon as I kissed her, Ashley walked in, and saw us kiss. Serena was returning the kiss, so it didn't really help. She ran away to her room, and no one ever heard from her, rumor is she went back to her hometown, Massachusetts," he stopped abruptly and looked out at the window.

Ashley is from Massachusetts, I remember her mentioning it sometime when she moved to Texas.

I was scared, very. I don't know why, but I was.

He looked at me, "there's most of your answer," he stood up from the floor and left.

I was left there, with out any words to say. I didn't know what just happened.

((Heló guys! Long time no see (x. I know I lag on updates, but I'm sorry I will try to be more frequent on them, believe me I'll try. So. I decided to give you guys answers, this page is a filler but it has a lot of answers, there's still a lot more to the story than what Kyle said. Thank you so so much for reading this story and I hope you like the chapter! Please Vote, Comment and share with le friends. Love you
Question: how did you come up with this story?
Answer: long story, my friend came up with the plot cause we wanted to try out for SAVAPA theatre, and we wanted to get ready, anyway, try outs passed and we never tried out, never practiced the play she made, so I took the plot, and made it into my own, or maybe this was also her plan, but idk what it was, so yea only the part where she gets thrown off the bleachers and goes missing and no one knows what happened is her idea, credits to her. Go check her profile Emmalovegrove and read one of her stories, she's a good writer! Love you all😘💕))