Chapter 15: Red like a rose

It didn't take long for Bakugo to convince the police that he wasn't the one that attacked the shops clerk. A witness account and an alibi was all that was needed to prove his innocence. Upon leaving the station, questions flew through his head like wildfire. He had heard the description of the person that threatened the man at the register. A description which oddly sounded alot like Izuku. Messy green hair, jade eyes and a hood pulled over the face. But it was impossible right? Izuku threatening someone with a knife and stealing?

Izuku had been dreaming of becoming a hero for years, maybe even longer than Bakugo himself. So why the hell would he do something like that? He did look a little worse for wear, being even skinnier and more tired than he usually was. But was it even possible for his personality to change so drastically over one week?

And why would he do that? Supposedly he took alcohol which was even more unbelievable. This 15 year old hero fanboy, stealing alcohol, from a public store? Especially Izuku, who never touched the stuff to begin with. There was always the possibility that he was lying. He could have been doing this for months, which wouldn't have surprised Bakugo much considering what he tried to do to him.

Bakugos mind was going back and forth like a pendulum. He couldn't get his head around Izukus intentions. At first, he thought Izuku was trying to save him when the slime villian attacked. But the way he looked at him after he was discharged was strange. He looked dull, disappointed. Almost like he was upset about something. As far as he was told by heroes, Izuku wasn't persecuted and was let off the hook with out any repercussions. If they were telling the truth to Bakugo, then Izukus sudden change in ideology would be strange. There would have been no reason to feel upset if he wasn't punished for it right? So everyone started spreading the rumour that he did it on purpose.

Is that why he was so different now? Was that why he was so aloof? Bakugo had no idea.

When he eventually got home, he collapsed onto the sofa. His parents where still at work so he was alone. They didn't really care that he was at the police station. Sure as hell wasn't the first time.

This was good, he needed time to think about everything.

Especially his decision of not telling the police about Izuku.

~~~~~

"Hey Izuku, come with me a second" Izuku turned to Kurogiri, who was going down a set of stairs connected to the backroom. Izuku took the piece of toast out of his mouth and followed him, willingly for once. It had been a few days after the Bakugo incident and, like he predicted, things had calmed down. Shigaraki was more lenient and Kurogiri was more laid back.

"You asked Shigaraki about All for One, didn't you?" Kurogiri said, his 'eyes' glowing as they descended down the flights of stairs.
"Yeah I did. Though I didn't get any answers. He just avoided my question."

"That's because he doesn't know much either"

"Eh?"

Kurogiri stopped at the base of the stairs, just in front of a wooden door. "We don't know much about All for One. He never tells us much. All I can tell you is that he saved Shigaraki from his family. He is also extremely powerful, as I'm sure you recall."

"Yeah, he has a bunch of quirks right?"
Izuku had spoken to All for One twice now. The second time was more exposition on the league and answering Izukus questions.

"Yes, which he stole from others. However now, he is attempting to combine many quirks into a single body to create a strong fighter. He called it a Nomu."

"Nomu...?"

"Yes, tomorrow I will be taking you to the lab to see them. However today, I have been asked to test you on something."

Izuku raised and eyebrow slightly. "Test...?"

"Namely..." Kurogiri took the handle of the door and threw it open. Izuku walked in, his eyes still concentrated on Kurogiri. When he got in the room, He turned around to look at the room. Izukus eyes widened as he saw what was at the base of the room "...how strong you stomach is."

The room was littered with bodies. Old and young but all painted in the familiar colour of red. The red of a rose. "These were failed attempts to create Nomus. You will be seeing alot of this kind of thing when you work with the other brokers. Namely, you may need to deal with violent information extraction."

Izuku wasn't shocked about the bodies. He had seen them before. What shocked him what the amount. And the smell. God the smell. It smelled like pure, unbridled rotting and meat. "Jesus...wasn't expecting this on a Tuesday morning I'll tell you that..."

Kurogiri chuckled. "Oh I'm aware. You'll get used to this as you get older."

"Yeah ok. Why are they down here, isnt it a liability? It's hard evidence against you if you get caught."

"Don't worry. You didn't notice but as we went through the door you weren't looking at the room, this isnt the room under the bar. I just made a portal to here when you weren't looking. The room down there it's just filled with bottles."

"Then what was the point of going to the basement?"

"To confuse you. Also Shigaraki said to"

"Eh?!"

"Come on let's go.". Kurogiri opened a portal, back to the bar Izuku presumed. Kurogiri was also strange, in the sense that he liked to confuse Izuku. Shigaraki was more malicious in his sense of humour.

"Fine...."

~~~~~
Inko sat at the table, her eyes fixated of a picture. Her son had been missing for over a week. Her husband couldn't return home as his company wouldn't allow him to leave, even for his missing child.

She mainly sat in her house, going from her sons room to a newspaper, checking for any sign of evidence. She didn't find anything.

She couldn't find anything.

Where had her boy gone to? Who took him away? Why wasn't he picking up his phone?

She had stopped calling him. Maybe he ran away from her. Maybe he was disappointed or upset with her for not believing in his dreams. She only wanted what was best for him. She didn't want him to get hurt.

She couldn't sleep.

She couldn't do anything.

~~~~~~~
Authors note:
Hey there. So just want to make something clear to you quickly. You probably know this but Izuku did get punished for his actions. So why did they tell Bakugo something different? Well that will come later but anyway I think after the next one or two chapters will be a time skip so just a heads up.

Also All for One is a mystery boi. (Yes the false cliffhanger was on purpose but eh what the hell)

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Good byeeee.