Chapter 16

Summer 1994

"There you are mate!" Ron smiled when Harry returned. But Harry barely registered the greeting. "Where is Colin?"

"Im sorry, who?" Ron asked confused.

"Colin Creevy, the one with the camera? Where is he?" Harry asked impatiently.

"I dunno. Why do you ask?" Ron asked bewildered.

"If you do see him, tell him Harry Potter is willing to do a photo shoot." Harry replied stepping out of the common room.

It was late, and he had no idea if Colin was in bed or not. But this had to be taken now while it was fresh.

Ten minutesutes later, the exciteable 14 year old arrived.

"Colin?"

"Harry Potter?!" Colin squealed

Harry had to keep calm. "Colin, if you still want that photo of us, Ill do it. On one condition. I need you to take a picture of something, no questions asked."

"Sure anything." Colin grinned.

"Theres one more thing. Ill sign the photo if you dont tell anyone what I had you do. Understand?" Harry held out his left hand.

Colin nodded vigoriously and brought out his camera. "Lets go inside, maybe your friends can take the picture!"

"Wait, I need mine first." Harry revealed a tight smile.

Colin nodded and readied his camera. Harry rolled the sleeve of his robe to expose his right palm. He turned it over revealing the freshly carved words; I must not tell lies. Colin remained silent as he snapped the picture.

"Is that all?"

Harry nodded. "Now, lets get that photo, shall we?"

Ron and Hermione were surprised that Harry finally agreed to a photo with Colin. Hermione smiled as she readied the camera and snapped the picture.

"Id appreciate it if you could develop those pictures as soon as you can." Harry smiled.

"Give me 5 minutes, and Ill be back!" Colin replied.

"Ok!" Harry smiled.

"Whats going on Harry?" Ron asked.

"Nothing. I thought I could finally give one of my fans a token of my appreciation. For staying loyal to me through my House's unfriendly time." Harry answered.

"That makes sense." Hermione shrugged.

When Colin returned, Harry signed the photo and took his upstairs. He flipped the picture over and wrote todays date.

Unfortunately for him, Umbridge sentanced him to a week of detention. He only hoped it would get better.

*

"Can you tell me about your siblings?" Sirius asked

"Nice try. You will know them in plenty of time." James smirked.

Sirius smiled, "Very true, but come on, give this old dog a hint hmm?"

"I have a younger brother and a baby sister. And no, Im not telling you names." James smirked

"Merlin, you look like James Potter Senior. A true spitting image." Sirius laughed.

"I thought you were going to say I look like Dad. I know I do. But Dad never told me why hes famous." James shrugged.

"How that boy of mine maintains his modesty still amazes me." Sirius sighed.

"Can you tell me?"

"Sorry James, I dont want my adult son mad at the older me...you know in 2017." Sirius explained.

"I see."

"If its eating at you, tell Harry. Your Harry, not the teenage one." Sirius winked.

"That is another thing to add to my list. Why is Dad famous? What happened to my grandparents?"

Summer 2017

The summer days were going by fast. Al and Lily were miserable. Their older brother still hadnt returned. Unknowingly Harry and Ginny began to transfer the pressure they put on James to Al.

It never occured to Al that his older brother was trying to live up to the impossibly high standards their parents set.

"Now Al, you be good and watch your sister. Luna will be coming by soon." Ginny said before disapperating. She was a Quidditch player and couldnt afford to take days off because her son was lost in time.

"Yes Mum." Al sighed. He was missing his freedom that came with being the middle child.

"Al, I will see you later." Harry smiled kissing his sons head before leaving for his job.

"Sure Dad." Al smiled tightly. He brought out one of his favorite textbooks and began to read.

"Al!" Lily whinned from her room.

Al got up quickly at Lilys tone. She only ever used that tone if she was sick! Oh no! The worried 10 year old flew up the stairs to his sisters room in 5 seconds flat.

Al forced the door open to find Lily shivering and whimpering under the covers. "Lily?"

"I dont feel good. Where are Mum and Daddy?" Lily whimpered.

"They just left for work. I'm sorry Lily, its just you and me." Al walked up to his sister and touched her forehead. He was taken aback by how hot it felt.

Tears began to fall from Lilys eyes. "I want Mum!"

"I know. Hold on, I'll be right back." Al got up and rushed to the bathroom. Growing up, he had his fsir share of fevers so Al decided to try a remedy his mother did for him.

Summer 1994

The next week of school for Harry only became worse, as his detentions became more brutal. The cuts on the back of his right hand only grew deeper.

"Harry, can you hand me that textbook?" Hermione asked one night in the Common Room.

Harry nodded, he had just came back from the detention, but this time, the engraved words stung like fire. When Harry set the book next to Hermione, he winced.

"Harry, are you ok?" Hermiones eyes narrowed.

"Im fine."

"What is that?" Hermiones eyes drifted to the back of Harrys scarred hand.

Once Harry noticed this, he tried to pull down the sleeve of his robe to cover it. "Its nothing Hermione."

Hermione didnt buy it. She took one hand to keep Harrys scarred one on the table. Using the other one, she gently rolled back the sleeve, exposing the sentance engraved in the skin.

At the sight, Hermione gasped. "Who did this?"

"Umbridge." Harry whispered, shame lining his tone.

"You have to tell Dumbledore and Sirius." Hermione said at once.

"No, they have their hands full with James. I cant bother them with this." Harry sighed.

"Why must you be so stubborn? When do you get the scars?" Hermione asked

"During my detentions, Umbridge has me writing that line over and over." Harry answered.

"You cant keep doing that! Its only going to go deeper and deeper. It looks so painful." Hermione stated.

"It is. Today was the day the scars began to sting." Harry sighed

"Unbelieveable!" Hermione slammed her book shut and stalked out of the room. She had to help her friend.