Chapter 9

"Ooh whats this?" Harry asked when Sirius began flicking through his memories.

Sirius stopped at a conversation between Lily Evens and Hermione in the common room. "And here I thought you wanted to skip ahead."

"Dad, come on. Please." Harry pleaded.

Sirius smiled. "I planned on showing you this one day." The two turned as the memory played on.

"Hermione?"

"Yes Lily?"

"Theres something off about you. Somehow you knew more about us than we know of you. Are you a time traveler?" Lily whispered.

Hermione looked around, then made eye contact with Lily and nodded.

"Do you know me in the future?" Lily asked excitedly.

"I cant tell you that. I could change my present and your future for the worse." Hermione warned.

"Where are you in the room?" Harry asked.

"Disilluminate charm." Sirius smirked.

Lily was disappointed. "Damn time traveling laws."

"Here I thought you were the goody goody." Hermione scoffed. "I cant return to my time until I learn a lesson."

"That sucks."

"Yes. It does." Hermione sighed.

The scene changed to where Sirius and Hermione were conversing.

"Come on, something is obviously bothering you!" Hermione whispered fiercely. The pair were in the library.

"You need to learn to leave things be sometimes Hermione." Teenage Sirius' face was red as if the boy was crying.

"Dad?" Harry asked uncertianly.

Sirius groaned, "thats what it was!"

"What?"

"Hermiones lesson."

"But what happened Dad. Why were you upset?" Harry pressed.

"My younger brother had joined Voldemorts ranks earlier that day. I told you already that the young boy had died. Got cold feet and I believe Voldemort murdered him in person. But this here in front of you, is when Regulus had left me. I had no blood family left." Adult Sirius answered.

Hermione huffed, "I wont be the only one asking questions."

The pair grew silent. And young Sirius couldnt take it any longer. "My brother joined Voldemort."

Hermione gasped and didnt hesitate to hug the boy. "That must have been shocking for you."

"It was."

"Regulus is only following what is expected of him Sirius. You opted out, so naturally the pressure is on Regulus. He doesnt know what you know." Hermione stated.

"And what do I know that he doesnt?" Sirius asked.

"The difference from right and wrong. You know what a life with Voldemort will get you. Nothing that you want." Hermione whispered.

"How do you know what I want?" Sirius asked

Hermione opened her mouth to reply when a gust of wind came and revealed her time turner.

"Hermione Granger." A light voice stated. Sirius looked around, obviously on edge.

"Yes?" Hermione answered.

"You've done it. You learned your lesson and your time is done here." The voice answered.

"The voice is coming from your necklace!" Sirius shouted.