"First off, I can do what I want with who I want. Second, Dylan treats me amazingly. Sure he has his moments and we have our fights and our own issues. But those are between him and I. Dylan trusts me enough to know I'm not going to throw our relationship away for some guy just because him and I had a fight. Now can we get back to bowling so I can whoop your butt for a forth time?"

Mason laughs, "Get your facts straight Skylar, it was twice." he wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh, that's right... I let you win the third time."

"Oh ouch," he covers his heart with his hand, "That one hurt me."

I poke his chest, "Good it was suppose to. Now lets see your skills."

The next hour I do my best to have fun with my friends and listen to Cher as she explains her date night with Logan in between turns. I check my phone every now and then, expecting a text or a call from Dylan. But my hopes are crushed every time I look and find nothing. As the minutes tick by I start to think Cher is right. Dylan isn't going to show up, he isn't going to change his mind about holidays and I'm the one whose going to have to cave this time.

"That's right Andrew, read it and weep!" Cher gloats in Andrew's face when she realized she beat him by seven points.

"That's only because you had the bumpers on. How about another round and this time... no bumpers."

"Oh you guys are so on!"

They start up the next game, "Hey you going to play again Skylar?" Cher asks.

"Actually, I'm going to head back. I have to finish up a paper tomorrow."

She purses her lips, "Does that paper have a name... like Dylan?" she crosses her arms over her chest.

"I have to at least talk to him. Or I won't sleep tonight."

Her arms fall, "Fine, I'll drive you back to campus."

"No, no way. You need to show these guys how it's done." I laugh, "I'll take the bus over to his place." I grab my jacket and purse.

"Jeez, I'm still shocked you know where he lives. He wouldn't even tell me."

"Guess there's something he's willing to change."

Cher smiles, "I hope so."

Saying goodbye to the guys I make my way to the bus stop and call Dylan. It rings till his voicemail picks up.

"Hey Dylan.... I'm heading over to your place." I hang up and tuck my phone into my purse and find a seat at the back of the bus.

The ride over to Dylan's side of town is about fifteen minutes and the walk is another five. My nerves are on over load as I walk down the dark driveway past Rob and Mary's house. The lights in the living room are on and I can see the sports channel playing. When I round around to Dylan's apartment, it's completely dark and his jeep isn't there either. I take my chances and knock on the door.

No answer.

I try his cell again, only to hear it faintly inside.

"Of course." I hang up and try the door.

Surprisingly it's unlocked.

I kick my shoes off and close the door behind me. I click on the lights and the whole downstairs light up. It's quiet as I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from his fridge that is pretty much empty as well. There is his phone right on the kitchen counter. I tap the screen and see the miss calls from me but something grabs my attention....