Chapter 96

Authors Note:
So whose heart has been ripped out? Because I didn't even realize the way I was bringing the story till recently and I've cried writing the past few chapters! Warning.... I too sobbed writing this chapter. Hopefully this one doesn't let you guys down!
Xoxo
Em

Skylar's POV

"Honey?"

"Skylar?"

"What's going on Mary?"

I can hear them.

Do they know that?

They're voices sound so far away. Miles and miles away, echoing through my hollowed out body. I'm staring at the wall behind Where Mary sits in front of me, my knees brought to my chest and my arms tightly around them.

"Mary, who called?"

"I don't know. I heard her talking and came in her to see her fall." I hear her, "I don't think it was Dylan though."

"Skylar?" It's Rob now, "Skylar who called?"

No one called.

That's the problem. He didn't call, he didn't respond. He went right to her.

"I think it was a girl." Mary whispers softly.

"What?" Rob practically growls, "there's no fucking way he isn't that stupid."

Well, Rob, guess again. He is that stupid.

I should be crying, I should be yelling. I should be.... I should be doing anything other than sitting in silence waiting for some one to tell me this is a joke.

I wait, long minutes, listening to Mary and Rob talk at me, to each other. Can't they tell I can hear them? I'm right here, I just.... Don't know what to do.

Looking at Mary finally, I can see it in her eyes, she knows this isn't good.

"Honey?" She asks, her dark brown eyes filled with sorrow, "who were you talking to?"

"Olivia." I whisper her name, it feels like poison on my tongue.

"Who the fuck is Olivia?" Rob asks.

"Rob!" Mary silenced him, "Skylar, is Dylan with her?"

I shrug, trying to pull my knees in closer to me, trying to shield myself from them pain that is sure to come.

"She answered his phone."

How do I stay numb? How do I keep all of this away?

"Maybe there's an explanation for it?" Mary offers.

"There better bra fuckin-"

"Robert!" Mary shouts at him suddenly, "get out of this room now."

I almost want to laugh. Of course Rob sighs and leaves immediately, leaving us alone.

"Ok, now that he's gone," she sits next to me, "who is Olivia?"

My eyes find her and I never knew eyes could feel so heavy, "his old fuck buddy."

Mary's eyes widen for a brief moment and then she tries to hide her shock, "oh. I see. Maybe.... Maybe she found his phone."

"Yeah. Maybe."

I honestly highly doubt that. Dylan has done this before, we get into a fight or he wants to hurt me she's the first person he runs to. It's classic move of Dylans, one I didn't think he'd pull again.

Funny how wrong I am.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She asks sweetly?

I simply shake my head no, because I think putting me in a time machine and sending me back with a warning about Dylan isn't what she's asking. Right now, I can't think straight enough to know what I need.