S1:C3; Cutting Scars

Start from the beginning

"She knew where I lived from the beginning," I whined by accident. Cooper awed at my small whimper and stroked my cheek with his thumb. "I know, cute stuff. I'll talk to her tonight. Maybe at dinner," Cooper said before pressing his lips to my forehead and taking my hands in his.

I'd noticed over the past week that Cooper liked to be very touchy-feely with me much more than his other friends. The only other person he's as touchy-feely with is Erin.

I didn't like that. I wanted him to give all of his love and affection to me. Erin was not deserving of it. She's not deserving of Cooper. The fact that she nicknamed him Coo-Coo bird proved that she didn't deserve him!

"Coo-Coo bird..." I muttered. Cooper smiled at me and pressed his lips to my cheek. "Please don't call me that," he chuckled. "It's cute when you say it but...I just don't like the name. Erin only calls me it because my mom used to."

"Oh..? I-is it okay if I ask why she used to? How come she doesn't anymore?" I questioned, immediately assuming that his mother had passed. "She passed away," Cooper said softly.

Called it.

"Yeah just two years ago actually...I hate that Erin calls me it but every time she does...it reminds me of my mom."

I nodded and thought over some things. Erin didn't call him Coo-Coo bird from the beginning. She used the nickname when Cooper was mad at her. She was guilt tripping him. If she only uses his nickname whenever he's mad at her, that means that Cooper probably got mad at his Mom and she would call him Coo-Coo bird to make him soften up.

"She's guilt tripping you," I said softly. Cooper nodded. "I know. And I hate it and I can't stand Erin but she reminds me of my mom," my best friend said sadly. I frowned in confusion. "How do you kiss her on the lips...?" I asked, making Cooper laugh.

I was genuinely confused.

"Ah, I'm so glad I know you, Cameron," my best friend said happily, ruffling through my hair. "I'm glad I know you," I said, wrapping my hands around his wrist and bringing his hand down to hold my cheek. It always made his cheeks turn a little red whenever I'd move his hands to touch me and whispered.

According to Google, whenever someone blushes, it means they're nervous, embarrassed, or aroused, and since I couldn't have been at all threatening to Cooper, it meant that he was aroused!

"Cameron," Cooper started, his voice soft. "Have you ever had your first kiss?"

I felt my cheeks warm up but I didn't feel aroused. I felt embarrassed. Shamefully, I shook my head. "You're my first best friend," I told him. "What makes you think I could ever kiss anybody?"

"Uh~, 'cuz you're, like, hella cute," Cooper said as if it was obvious. I scoffed and shook my head and Cooper frowned. "You're telling me nobody has ever came up to you and been like: 'hey, cute stuff. Can I, like, get your number, teehee, wink, lip bite,'" my best friend asked, impersonating a girl. I giggled and shook my head. "No, nobody," I laughed.

"What?! I don't believe you," Cooper laughed.

I guffawed and shook my head. "Nobody has ever asked me for my number. I swear it."

"Bull," Cooper scoffed.

"It's the truth!"

"Whatever. Look, I'm gonna get you your first kiss, alright?"