S1:C3; Cutting Scars

Start from the beginning

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Hello...?" I skeptically walked over to my door and pressed my ear against it.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I clutched my ear and frowned at the door. "Who is it?" I asked. "Open the door," a female voice demanded from outside of my apartment. "No! Who are you?" I questioned. "Open the door and you'll find out," the woman outside my door said angrily.

I unconsciously smirked and opened my door, keeping the chain lock on. "Erin?" I questioned, internally trembling with excitement. "Cancel your plans with my boyfriend," she demanded.

I shook my head. "If you're Erin and you're talking about Cooper, then no. He's my best friend. I'm not going to cancel on him," I told her sternly. "Yes. You will," she said seriously. "...Are you threatening me?" I asked. "Cancel your plans for this week with my boyfriend or I swear I will make you regret hanging out with him," Erin said, pointing her finger at me, her long acrylic just an inch away from my nose.

"Well, as scary as you would be had I not become friends with Cooper a week ago, I refuse to cancel my plans with my best friend. It was terrible speaking with you. I hope I never see you around again," I said softly as I smiled at Erin and closed my door.

"Eesh," I huffed as I grabbed a light pink turtleneck and put it on. "Erin," Cooper's voice questioned from outside my door. I uncontrollably squealed and made my way over to my door, pressing my ear against it.

"What are you doing standing in front of Cameron's door?"

"He lives here," Erin questioned, playing dumb. "One of my friend's texted me and said that they lived here," she lied.

"Which friend," Cooper investigated. His girlfriend scoffed and stuttered as she tried to come up with a lie, and I giggled as I opened my door.

"Cooper!" I beamed. "Cameron," my best friend cheered. "I thought I heard you out here," I chuckled. "This is Erin, right?" I asked.

"Yeah... It is," Cooper sighed, eyeing his girlfriend. "Yeah..? U-um... Can I talk to you for a second, please," I asked my best friend.

"Of course. What's up," Cooper questioned. I waved for him to come inside my apartment and he nodded as he began to enter my home.

"Cooper," Erin scoffed. "What?" my best friend asked. "We were talking," his girlfriend said angrily. "Oh, right. What's the friend's name, Erin?" Cooper asked, anger in his tone. "Coo-Coo bird," Erin whined.

I frowned in disgust at the horribly terrible, disgusting, sorry, horrific excuse for a nickname that she used to address my best friend. Upsettingly, Cooper sighed and gave me an "I'm sorry" look before kissing his girlfriend's cheek. "Leave Cameron alone, Erin," he said softly before they both exchanged goodbyes and "see you laters".

I glared at Erin when she met my eyes, and when Cooper turned towards me I quickly morphed my glare into a pout, and he awed at me as he closed my door on his girlfriend.

"What's up, Cam-Cam," my best friend asked me softly. "Well...I-I...she told me to cancel our plans. I-I don't— She didn't tell you the truth," I whispered. Cooper stroked my cheek and studied my eyes as hard as he could. "What do you mean? What'd she lie to me about," he questioned.