F O R T Y - F I V E

Comincia dall'inizio

Mia started at it in awe, "This was from Elijah and Freya. You've done much for all of us Mia, and we are eternally greatful." Klaus said after putting it on her and kissing her hand.

"Let's go downstairs."

As Mia and Klaus walked downstairs, she stared at the decorations in awe. "It's beautiful Nik." She whispered and felt her heart warm when she saw the others smiling and conversing amongst themselves, including Jackson and Camille two people who weren't typically in their group.

The help brought Mia's gifts for everyone downstairs and placed hem under the big tree, filled with gold lights from top to bottom.

"Mia!" Rebekah said rushing over to hug her but her eyes widened. "Nikalus this dress is beautiful! Why didn't I get one?!" She asked playfully before wrapping her arms around Mia.

Mia smiled, "You look stunning Bex." Mia complemented before she moved on to Freya.

"It's your first Christmas with us!" Mia remembered wrapping her arms around Freya. "My Brother has really good taste in clothes, I didn't think he had a romantic bone in his body." Freya joked making Mia laugh.

"Kol said something like that once." Mia recalled. "How's your evening?" Mia asked Freya who only smiled.

"It's the best."

Mia walked to Hayley who was holding hope, "Hey little one." Mia cooed kissing the baby's forehead. "Are you ready for your gifts?" Mia asked receiving a loud giggle from the baby.

"I think that's a yes." Hayley said kissing Mia's cheek. "I hope you're enjoying a Mikaelson Christmas party, they are extremely exclusive." Mia said to Jackson who smiled.

"You guys really go all out." He said thanking her for having him.

Camille walked around handing people a glass of wine. Rebekah squealed enthusiastically as she lit a small bonfire, calling Mia's attention.

"Bloody hell." Klaus mumbled glaring at the fire place. He walked over to Mia wrapping his arms around her waist bringing her closer.

"What?" Camille asked confused.

"It's tradition. We write our wishes on a piece of paper and throw them in the fire. Strangely I don't recall wishing for enemy after enemy..." Klaus said making Elijah stop his conversation with Freya.

"Forever on santas naughty list." Elijah said making Mia chuckle. "He's been waiting ages to say that."

Everyone wrote their wishes on a piece of paper, the positive energy dying down and becoming somber.

Rebekah closed her eyes, looking at the folding once before tossing her wish in, "One of us is still meant to fall by family."

"Right now, what concerns me is our enemies. They have the weapon they intend to use against us. They cannot know that we found you, Rebekah. Our best advantage is if they believe you are lost at sea." Klaus said.

Rebekah realizes what this means and frowns sadly, "Then I can't stay, can I?" She asked making Mia's heart sink.

Elijah became teary-eyed at the thought of Rebekah leaving again, as Rebekah looks backward into the courtyard, where Freya, Cami, Jackson, and Hope are doting on Hope, showering her with presents and laughing happily.

"It's okay." Rebekah sighed

She turns back to her brothers and Mia.

"My wish already came true."

Rebekah grabs Mia's hand, who then holds her out for Klaus. Elijah grabs Rebekah's remaining hand as they stare at the fire.

"We have this moment." Rebekah whispered making Mia bite her lip trying not to cry.